Thursday, May 13

Wow.

Evidently I am posting "hateful, racist crap" and someone out there finds it both "frightening" and "disgusting" that I would blend my "hateful, racist crap" with snippets of domestic life...

Hmmm. OK. Well, the manner in which the message was conveyed leaves quite a bit to be desired. And the, um, tone, shall we say, was rather out-of-left field. However, if someone feels vehemently enough that I am espousing hateful, racist remarks that they feel the need to deride me publicly, then I would certainly like to address that...

Since there was nothing in particular pointed out to me, I had to go back and re-read the most recent entries to try to figure it out.

Geneva Convention? Neuremberg? ACLU? Probably not, although admittedly I'm not usually in bed w/ the ACLU (or any union-like organization for that matter).

The Japanese under Hirohito while he was still considered "god"? Was that racist? I certainly didn't mean it to be, nor was anything there anything other than historical fact. The behavior was barbaric.

OK, I think this is it- the head-lopping, raping, etc.? I am not saying that all Muslims are this way, nor did I, nor will I. But is the Middle-East in large part manipulated by these particular sects? You betcha. Do I take issue with religious groups (of ANY persuasion) that are going to oppress and murder? You betcha. Do I care what color, nationality, or creed they are? Not a whit. Do I hope for more for the women and children of these war-torn countries? With all my heart. For their men, as well. If my comments were taken as anything other than I intended, then certainly the fault lies with me. Mea culpa. Please forgive me. If I have somehow missed the boat, I sincerely apologize.

Wow. A hateful racist. THAT is certainly not something I would have expected to see today. To the lady who posted her thoughts on the issue, thank you for opening my eyes somewhat, and I will endeavor to be more cautious of how my words may be interpreted.

And to my other readers who may also have taken offense, I apologize to you, as well.

Dy

No comments: