Monday, May 31

Howdy

I have no ideas for a title, probably because I have no ideas for a blog tonight. Ohhh, lucky you! Well, bear with me.

First, *waving happily* Hi, Aunt Bonnie! I'm glad you found us! Thanks for the note. I had to laugh when I read your note, though, and asked Zorak, "Hmmm, I wonder which book she thinks we need to read?" :-D Thank you for your uplifting words- they do mean so much. It feels like hearing Mom say she's proud of us, too. I love you.

Let's see, what else today? Well, the house seems to have Project Elves. I swear that's the only thing I can think of. (If y'all watched the PJ's, then you are familiar with the Project Fairy, who the Super thinks cleans apartments... conversely, the Project Elves trash them... and that's what we have.) I know this place was spotless THREE TIMES this week, and yet tonight I nearly broke my neck setting the table! What the... ohhhhh, yeah, we have kids. Many of them. They are all mobile, too. Ah, well, thanks to Flylady, it only took about fifteen minutes total to restore my home to just below OSHA standards so that I could enjoy the rest of a quiet evening searching for digital cameras and motorcycles with Zorak.

Tammy, blogger emeritus, YOU are a Ducati fan?!?!? I have to say I never would have guessed. How very neat. It looks, however, as though we are not meant to get a Ducati this go 'round. (insert sad sigh here) The dealer visit was a bust, and the three we found on cycletrader.com seem to be frauds. (Or else we're out of the loop and it's perfectly normal to wire funds directly to an individual who refuses to use an escrow co., suddenly turns up overseas and says once they pick up the funds, THEN they'll ship the bike... yeahhhhhh, I don't think so!) So, we are closing in on a couple of fairly local BMW's that have a little mojo. I'll keep you posted.

I forgot to tell you guys that James was sharing his knowledge of Latin with another little boy during swim sign ups! I have no idea how the conversation began, but I overheard James say, "Yeah, and in Latin the 'j' says 'y', so it's 'Yay-soos'." The other little boy seemed pretty interested- he had that, "Wow, cool, I had no idea!" expression on his face. They continued the discussion as they played. It was pretty cute.

John surprised Zorak today by singing the 3's song from Math-U-See. I love it when our choices are reaffirmed. We are thoroughly enjoying Primer. I have to make John stop. James, too. Boy, I hope that love of learning sticks with both of them for their entire lives!

We received our pictures from the church directory photo session. I am hoping to mail a few each day and eventually get them all OUT before the boys are ready for college! Woo Hoo! (Hey, Aunt Bonnie- what size do you want of the boys?)

All-in-all, things are wonderful here. Jacob's rash is gone and he is much happier now. He fell asleep in the sling at BJ's today, and for some reason I got more comments than usual from people, mostly along the lines of, "Is that a baby in there?!?" I love it when people comment on the sling- it's almost always positive and opens the door for a neat conversation about baby wearing. Kind of fun.

Look for a review of Plants Grown Up tomorrow! (I tried to link to the Doorposts website, but it says the URL is for sale... don't know where they went! I'll find that out, too.)

'Nite!
Dy

No comments: