Sunday, May 23

A Sweet Day

We loaded up and drove to the berry farm this morning after breakfast. It was hot there. It was humid. Even the bugs seems laden with moisture and sluggish in their flight. We picked a few pounds of strawberries, listened to some music, ate ice cream sundaes, and then high-tailed it outta there!

James promptly quit helping to pick once he tasted the first berry. He ate one, picked up the basket of berries, carried it under a tree and camped out there eating berries until we (ok, let's be honest, "I") stopped picking.

Jacob also tried a berry. (I know, allergen! Bad Mommy alert!) He loved it, is thoroughly stained from rounded head to tiny toe, and he survived. I imagine much of his upbringing will be similar in sequence. ;-)

We bought a new book! It's a biography of Thomas Stone, the youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence from the Maryland delegation. The author, Mr. Wearmouth, was there, and we spoke with him for nearly an hour. He's 80, a Maryland native, and is utterly fascinating. I'd have come home with more books if I'd known there were going to be books there! However, I'll give a review of this one once I'm finished with it. (I'll also write more on it when I've got it in front of me rather than in the diaper bag!) He also invited us to visit with him and his wife at their place in LaPlata sometime. Truly pleasant gentleman.

Came home to relax for a bit. I'll admit it, we turned on the cooler. The house was 90' inside, and we were entirely too miserable with the 80-something percent humidity, to boot. So. There ya have it, my home is now being cooled. It is heavenly. I have stepped back outside twice, just so I could get hot 'n sticky, then feel that adrenaline-pumping rush of cool air upon my neck and arms as I re-enter the home. Ahhhhh. Good stuff.

Had cake and ice cream w/ the neighbors this evening. Their littlest daughter is two. She is so precious. I love the age of two! It's a fun, fun, exciting age. Children just begin to comprehend that their use language directly impacts the world around them and that they have a certain level of control in that area. What an exciting time of exploration! Two is a wonderful age.

There were many cute things today. I can't remember a single one of them, though, as I sit here to type. So, I'm going to sign off. Tomorrow begins another busy day- hopefully one with a slower, more savory pace than the ones we've had of late. That would truly be wonderful.

G'nite!
Dy

No comments: