Sunday, May 9

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Good morning, one and all. Zorak and I had a lovely evening, sitting on the back porch, just reconnecting. I talked with him about Jess' wonderful response to some questions I've had recently, outlining the Proverbs Wife of Noble Character with regard to current issues. It was a wonderful talk we had together, and cleared the air of several misunderstandings. (My bad, I get so excited in my mind about doing something "good" that I often forget how that good is perceived- yikes! Getting better, though- thanks, Jess!)

***

The boys made a lovely handprint card for me this morning (yes, Zorak did the last minute thing bright 'n early this morning. I cannot complain, though, as if it weren't for the last minute, we probably still wouldn't even be married, let alone parents! We do love the last minute.) It's a beautiful card. Those tiny hands won't be so tiny for long. John's hands are already the same size as James'- I have to say that if it weren't for the color-coding, I wouldn't have been able to guess which handprint went to which boy. *sheesh, bad mommy* I plan to find a frame for this one- it's precious- two little handprints on each end and one teeny tiny spot in the middle...

Remember, no matter how "big" your children seem to you today, they'll never be this small again. Relish this time.

***

My Mother's Day gift is a family trip to the bookstore! This will be great, actually. The boys are wonderful at bookstores- they find a book and a corner and call it a day. (Yep, those are my boys!) The shop opens at noon, and brunch is ready now, so I'm going to sign off and finish enjoying the day. I'll post back later and will see you at your blog then, too!

Dy

No comments: