Tuesday, May 25

I'm meeelllllttttiiinnngggg!

Quit tid-bits while the fish are cooking:

*If you have small children, don't make anything that requires you to cook down a fruit, strain it, and set aside the glaze. I don't care how good it is, if you have small children, it will NOT be worth it.

*We have central a/c, electric. Will cracking an upstairs window still work w/ that? I've only had to do that w/ swamp coolers and window units! I'll give it a try.

*The carpet does feel significantly drier since we've had the air on. I do hope this will at least slightly retard the growth of molds under the carpet. Blech

*Cousin Charles (not to be confused with "Zorak" Charles) is en route to Juneau, Alaska for a mission trip over the summer. Six cool college guys turned loose on the mission world! WooHoo! So far, they've hit a deer and lost a headlight, but thankfully weren't going highway speeds when it happened. Nope, they were driving through SNOW. In late MAY! Ha! That's funny! Nobody was injured, and true to family form, he's just using his highbeams rather than replacing the light fixture. It's hard to be a poor missionary/student/traveller with the genes of an eccentric engineer, eh? And yet, they're still having a wonderful time of it! Please keep these guys in your prayers while they're on the road and while they're getting settled in.

*We found the rose oil to keep the ticks off- I'll let ya know how it works! (Don't laugh! If it were scorpions, you'd be lookin' for a solution, too!)

*James was sooo cute today. We stopped for lunch at Chic-Fil-A. He wanted sweet and sour sauce for his nuggets. Since I could see the counter from our table, I suggested he go "ask the nice lady at the counter" for some. He started over, then turned and with a look of absolute glee, asked, "Is this a very big responsibility?" I was slightly caught off guard, but fortunately caught myself and said, "Oh, yes. I know you can do it well, and I trust you." He spun on his heels and skipped to the counter, just beaming with pride. I sat there and beamed a little, myself.

* Shannon got me in hot water w/ the boys by posting a picture of her adorable kitty! Had to laugh, too, as she is taking Chris' word for it that "Chibi" means "small" in Japanese. We got a call once from the brother-in-law, wanting to know what "Chuy" means. His daughters wanted to name their new dog that, but he wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad word first. :-)

*To my blog-buddies: I'm reading, just not posting so much, as the topics many of you have posted about recently would require some serious thought in order to form a coherent sentence to reply. I'm still wrapping my mind around Latin, so I'm sorry to say you aren't going to be getting my better brain cells for the next few, erm, howeverlongs... But I'm reading! Keep blogging!

*May 29th is coming. May 29th is coming. Someone remind me on the 28th that we need to sign up for swim lessons on the 29th- and that the 29th is the next day! Please?

*I'll be back later to shout from my soapbox about the Wilkes-Barre Hospital in PA. *GRRRRRRRR* Feel free to look it up so we can have a thorough gripe-session together, ok?

Time for supper!
Dy

No comments: