Tuesday, May 18

I found it!

The lost Tuesday from last week- see, here it is! Neat, huh?

Well, we have some big news-
Crissy is back among the blogworld!

So is Joanne (The Happy Homeschooler).

What a serious bonanza for the blogworld!

I also found the guys over at Four Right-Wing Wackos. It's a fun place if you're a Right-Wing Wacko. *wink* Yeah, I'll be hanging out there. Each of the posters has a distinctive voice and tone, and covers a wide variety of material. A homeschooling blog, it's not, but then a little change of pace from time to time is nice, I think. You can also buy some raging cool Molon Labe bumper stickers!

Also, I want to say a great big "THANK YOU!!!!" to those of you who left a comment or emailed me privately about the upending last week. With a few days break, and some common sense restored to my thought process, I can honestly say that I agree with you. There's probably something to offend everyone here, but anybody who has half a brain knows better than to take offense, unless A) you're actually guilty of whatever it is I'm poking at *in which case that's your own conscience and don't yell at me b/c you feel like a dolt*, or B) I come right out and say, "You are a moron!" Which, really, I seldom actually do that, and when I do, it's either blatantly deserved or is not something I'm concerned about asking other's opinions on- so that's sort of a non-issue in itself, isn't it?

That said, I love my pacifist friends, my right-wing crunchy friends, my fundy friends, and my pagan buddies. I love you all to pieces. I love it when we agree, and when we don't. It's great to learn new points of view and to be able to sit down over a cuppa joe and think over why I believe what I do. Sometimes it's really neat to find threads of commonality among seemingly disparate philosophies, and those threads are woven into the unique and beautiful designs that make life oh, so interesting and beautiful. You keep me alert and on my toes. You rock!

My feelings on personal rights and responsibilities, and my fervent belief that the government does not need to babysit us (any more than the church needs to be the government babysitting us), in the end, outweighs the thought that I've pissed off yet another Canadian. (With very few exceptions, I do seem to have that effect on Canadians. Which is funny, because some of my absolute favorite people in Cyberspace, and our Blogosphere, are Canadians!) Anyway, there ya go.

Don't like that? Tough. Really. Between raising three young men to be contributing members to society, being a loving and submissive wife to my hubby (working on that whole submission process *grin*), running our home, preparing for tomorrow, engaging in the political process, re-educating myself along the way, and dealing with a plethora of stuff you don't even want to know about, I just don't have much "give a darn" left.

That's the beauty of living in America. I can go to Target, I can take pictures of my beautiful, articulate children, and by golly I can dislike people who are narrow-minded and persnickety. Case closed.

You are one click away from not having to deal with me, O, Offended Visitor, one click away...

If, however, you realize that not everybody is going to have the same milktoast opinions as everyone else and you are actually capable of towing the "respect for others" line, then welcome, Friend. Welcome.

And so, we're off to ride bikes and maybe slip down to the corner store for a treat! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Dy

No comments: