Tuesday, May 11

What a delicious day!

The boys started the day with music lessons. An hour later, we had to stop before we fell over from hunger. (I didn't expect that they'd want to keep going like they did! I swear they are little intellectual camels!) Tonight the boys played for Daddy. (Cheryl, why didn't you beat me about the head with this whole music thang a year ago? *grin*)

It is such a wonderful feeling to pile onto the floor after supper, the baby clamboring over me, my husband sitting next to me (beaming from ear to ear), the boys proudly and excitedly playing their chosen pieces. John showed Zorak how to play B, G, and A on the recorder. Repeatedly. He was quite excited about that. James played Merrily We Roll Along and Hot Cross Buns. Then Zorak and I played for the boys (hey! we aren't half-bad!) and the boys finished the performance by showing Daddy how to clean their instruments properly before returning them to their cases. *awww* (They listened! They really really listened! Yippee!)

We did our Math (another hour, what is it with MUS? They love it! Do anyone else's children do that?), Plants Grown Up, History (will we ever be done with Egypt? Just when we think it's gone- ahhhhhh, there it is! Run Away! Run Away!)

James had already rummaged through our new Latin materials before I awoke this morning. He blew his cover when he said (in a giggly tone) before we prayed, "Oremus". Ahhh, evidently it's not too soon to begin Latin.

At six o'clock, we were still not done with school. Well, we were done, but then the FedEx man showed up with a new cursive workbook for James! He yelled out the front window, "Thank you, FedEx man!" The driver was mostly around the van already, so all I saw was his shoulders shake as he laughed. James did two pages in Handwriting Without Tears before supper. I think that's another winner.

Supper was a nice light grilled chicken (the boys made the seasoning! Yum!) with green beans, hoppin' john w/ jalapenos, lemonade... and for dessert a delicious wheatfree shortcake topped with chilled fruit and cool whip! Mmmm, there is something to be said for the cuisine that develops in muggy, hot weather.

Aside from my Bible study, which I had to sneak in during lunch time, I've not read anything edifying or enriching today. Well, nothing above a fourth grade level, anyhow. It is hot and sticky. I cannot concentrate when I can't just sweat and get it over with! (To be perfectly honest, I believe mammals ought to hibernate in humid summers. It makes the most sense, if you think about.)

Oh! And score one for the good guys! Have y'all been following the case at Cal Poly in Kalifornia? It's too funny, really. Well,no, it's sad and disgusting, but the school has agreed to settle out of court, pay court costs and legal fees, and permit the student to pass out flyers. How big of them. WOO HOO! Let's hear it for putting a little of the "sense" back in "common sense"!

While you're at it, check out Mason Weaver's Homepage and go get his book!

Alrighty, folks, it's late and Zorak wants to communicate with the outside world. Time to relinquish my spot and go find a book to curl up with... and more coffee... must have more coffee... (where did I put my cup?)

No comments: