Wednesday, June 18

Feral Flora

We have a jungle out there.
Ivies (both decorative and nasty), oaks, fruits, ferns, saplings...
stuff we have no clue what to call...
but do you see it?

Right... there. Yes, that's berries.
Feral berries, right smack in the middle of the jungle.

And not just a random one or two, either. The forest floor is full of them!

I don't know if they'll make it to maturity, but if they do, we're going berry picking later this summer. That's just too exciting to pass up! And I'm out of jam, too!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy
(I apologize for the fuzzy shots - I had Jase in the sling, and he was not terribly thrilled with the fauna in the woods... darned skeeters.)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Blackberries! Hooray! Do your kids like the book Jamberry?

Melora said...

Glad Laura posted first -- I was thinking raspberries. I love berries. Are your ivies all mixed together too? We have some very pretty English (I think) ivy growing on the ground and up trees in our yard, but it is unfortunately mixed with Very Vigorous Poison Ivy. And my allergy to poison ivy is increasing.

Jenni said...

They are unripe blackberries, aren't they? I love blackberries! They are my absolute favorite. Raspberries, eh, not so much. I still want to try planting blackberries out here somewhere...someday.