Wednesday, June 11

A Day in Which...

We accomplish absolutely nothing!

That's on tomorrow's agenda. Today, we were up, dressed, fed, and out the door in time for baseball camp. We took both the recycling and the donations to their respective new homes, washed and vacuumed the Suburban, and brought ourselves back into the good graces of the little local library. We picked up John, hit the Fudge Shoppe (ran into someone we know! That feels SO good, after not having it for such a long time. *happy sigh*), and then ran into town.

I got my hair done. Slept through most of it. Nice Hair Lady let me nap, and when I apologized for my burgeoning narcolepsy, she said if she had that many kids, she'd pass out every time she stopped moving at all. Normally, I'd think that was a weird thing to say, but today I was just glad for the empathy. The nap and the dye job both did wonders for my overall outlook.

From there, we went up to Me-Wa and Me-Tae's place and stayed far later than we should. It was just so. incredibly. nice. It's hard to leave, and we all had a wonderful time kibbitzing and chatting and eating. Gotta love the eating. I need to get Me-Tae's pasta-shrimp-thingy recipe. It was way-nummy. The kids, of course, were on cloud nine to see Me-Wa and Me-Tae, to play in the yard, to love on the doggies, and to have *soda*!! The little boy from up the road came over and ran amok with our kids. He's such a great kid. We'd bring him home with us if we thought his mother wouldn't hold it against us. As it is, however, we're pretty sure that'd be a grudge-worthy adventure, so we'll just see if we can borrow him when we're in town.

Tomorrow, we sleep in, eat cold cereal for breakfast, do a few chores, and then veg like fresh produce for the rest of the day. I think we can do that without feeling the least bit guilty!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Konkadoo said...

Hair dye. Shoot. I knew I was supposed to do something tonight.

*Wistful Sigh* I wish I had the talent of hospitality it seems you posses and run across from others so often down there. You'll have to train me.

Bob and Claire said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Of course, the day of doing nothing sounds wonderful too, especially as I am up to my ears unpacking suitcases today. A clean and vacuumed car--I wonder what that looks like?! LOL

Urban Mom said...

Ooooo, enjoy!!! Sounds like a much, much deserved day. Soak it up!

Heidicrafts said...

You must have explained once upon a time how the names Me-Wa and Me-Tae came to be, but is it time to tell the story again? Or give me a link, please?

I've been guessing for some time now, assuming that they are a child's attempt to say Mister Name or Miss Name.

momanna98 said...

oooo.... nap... sounds good. I could use a hair dye, too. :-)

Unknown said...

I have to say Dy, your child-words are outnumbering the grown up terms you type these days. A sure sign you are outnumbered and taken over by the beautiful chaos that 5 children bring to the table. ;-)

I love you, did you get my messages?

Colleen said...

Dy, your zest for life is contagious. Whenever I stop by your world, I find myself wishing WA and AL were side-by-side states so I could take a short road trip and visit you. And you could have some of my cool weather, I could have some of your heat. Perfect! : )