Friday, June 6

A Beautiful Blanket - and a Thank You!!

When LB came to visit, she brought a gift that she'd been teasing me with for a while. It is gorgeous. It's a joint project, done by two beautifully talented ladies: LB made the squares and the prairie points; Amy put the back and the trim on and then hand-stitched the whole thing.


Is that not just a gorgeous, gorgeous blanket? It's hard for me to use it. I want to hang it in the foyer. But LB said I had to actually use it or she'd take it back home. She said if I'd use it, and wash it, it would get softer. Being a bit tactile, anyway, that was all it took to talk me into it. We love this blanket. Normally, there's a Smidge on one side of JT and an EmBaby on the other, but I had to chase them off for this picture so that you could actually *see* the blanket, itself. :-)
Another belated, but very heartfelt THANK YOU!!!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

melissa said...

Wow. That is so beautiful! What thoughtful and talented friends you have! That will be so special for years to come.

*PLEASE* do NOT post what *I* sent you after this. damn.

Dy said...

Oh, c'mon! I'm SO posting it! I use it all. the. time. It's awesome!

But I do have awesome friends. Friends who "get" me, if you kwim. ;-)

Needleroozer said...

Melissa, now I really want to see what it is!
Dy, I am so glad you are using it,and he looks so cute, but who said my sweet wittle babe could get so BIG!! I just so don't want this one togrow up- can't he be the same size when I come to visit the next time please? I know, I know. I will love him even when he is taller than me.
Hugs,
LB

Needleroozer said...

Wow! If you loyal readers click on the photo, they can see all the teeny-weeny stitches Amy did! Cooool.
LB

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if you click on the picture, you can really see the precious prints and stictching.
I can almost feel it!!

Thanks for sharing,

Pamela

Urban Mom said...

That beautiful blanket nicely complements that beautiful baby!

Needleroozer said...

By the way, if you'd like, I'll make you an artsy-fartsy quilt to hang on the wall- just don't expect it for a few years, ok?
LB

Karen said...

That is beautiful. I love handmade baby blankets.

H said...

LOL! Melissa, she *has* to post it now! What did you send? :)