Friday, June 6

The End of Season Party

We made it. On time, even. Yay, us! The baseball cupcakes were a big hit.


Turns out, they don't photograph well. We ran out of red part of the way through decorating (I know, I know! I thought I had two tubes!), and had to hit three different stores to find more. What we found was a different brand, and had a softer, shinier texture to it. I don't like the way it makes the short stitches. But the kids didn't seem to mind, so that was nice.
In lieu of pouring something wet and sticky on the coach, the coach's wife bought silly string for the kids to douse him with. He took it with such good humor, and, as you can see, the kids absolutely loved it!
Jase hung out a little, passed a lot of gas, and then passed out cold for one of the moms on the team. He was so relaxed, and so deeply asleep, we began to wonder if he'd been drugged...

But, no. He awoke shortly and finished the afternoon playing peek-a-boo with the boys on the team. (Eight year old kids are so cool, you know that? Even they can't resist the lure of making a baby smile. Stuff like that rejuvenates my hope for mankind. It really does.)

And hey, the lumber for the balcony is *scheduled for delivery*!! Tomorrow! It's paid for. They know where we live, and what we need. Wee-ha, it's coming together!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Amber said...

Those cupcakes are great!!! I am so impressed, it would not have occurred to me to do that. I bet they were a hit!

Good luck with the balcony! I'm sure there will be other hitches yet to come, but at least progress is being made, right? :-)

H said...

Dy, this is waaaaaay off-topic, but we're entering lawn-watering season here. Did you and Zorak find where the neighbors were stealing .... um... sharing your water? Have you been able to cut them off, or will you have to pay for their lush, green lawn again this summer?

Anniesue said...

The cupcakes look great! What a clever idea. I haven't commented in a while...it has been so busy, but things are calming down now. Have a great day!!

Melora said...

I think they photographed very nicely, and I appreciate the picture -- Now I can copy them!

Silly string is much preferable to drenching in cold beverage. Love that smile!

How exciting about your new balcony!

Urban Mom said...

The cupcakes looked pretty darn good to me! Looks like a fun time. And it IS neat to watch kids making a baby smile. Amazing how they can just sack out whenever they feel the need too.