Tuesday, February 5

Stay Safe, Guys

Tonight we sat on the front porch, enjoying a balmy (over 70 degrees, 73% humidity, breezy - absolutely, unnervingly beautiful for February) evening. The boys caught several moths for the lizard. I cleaned and read a bit. It felt so idyllic. Then I checked the weather online.

Oh. My. Word. Tornadoes are ripping through the South tonight, and a good portion of the region is under watch until the morning.

So. Be safe. Stay alert. Check in, and then turn that computer off and go hide in the tub or something, okay!?!? ACK.

It's okay. Go on. No pictures tonight, anyway. Due to an unfortunate miscommunication in basic procedures (evidently the 9yo and I do not speak a similar enough dialect of the same language to communicate effectively) I had to reschedule the hair appointment.

Tonight, let's just all hunker down and get comfy in a doorway or two, and meet back here tomorrow, shall we?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Melora said...

Gracious! I didn't see Alabama mentioned in the news this morning -- I hope that is a sign that all is well?

Dy said...

Somehow we avoided the whole thing. We just had a very beautiful evening. Warm enough to sleep with the doors open. It was beautiful, and safe. Now I have to go check in on our other Southern bloggers. :-S Hopefully, everybody else is safe and sound, as well.
Dy

mere said...

I'm glad you are safe! Stay that way, okay?

mere

Laura said...

I slept like a baby - a contented one - woke to the lovely sound of rain this morning, and then the phone rang. Hayley (my granddaughter) now has a late school start at 10 a.m. because we're under a tornado watch until then.

Has the storm passed by you yet?

Becca said...

What crazy weather!! I'm glad you are safe, and I'm praying for those who weren't so fortunate this time.

And the 70 degrees thing??? With my 18 inches of snow, I'm quite jealous!

melissa said...

Glad that y'all are all o.k.!

Every time I have to wait that long for a hair appointment "fix job", I end up cancelling, because by the time the appt. actually rolls around, I actually LIKE the old do. But then....I'm a little flighty like that.

Glad that everyone's safe.

momanna98 said...

I think I'm going to stay with you guys for awhile.... sigh... 70? I can't even remember how that feels....
Glad you guys weren't in the path of the tornadoes. Man, they did a lot of damage.