Thursday, February 14

SCORE!

Great day, all around, and I have news for the boys when they get home from Scouts tonight!

We made it to Sam's. The boys were only mildly out of whack. I have a plentiful stash of tortillas. Yay us.

We got to see Me-Tae, who really and truly went out of her way to make a point to hook up with us today. (Literally - I'd just said we were going to Sam's, but it turned out we were at the *other* Sam's Club in town - neither of us knew there are two of them!)

We made it to see the midwife, and all is well with wee Heinrich. No wonder I feel like an 8-day old August roadkill carcass. I've netted almost 40 pounds this pregnancy, and it's all jammed up against my liver. Maybe a lung. Ugh. But that's okay. You're supposed to be miserable at the end of a pregnancy: you know it's near the end, and you don't mind seeing the end.

Back home, unload, sandwiches all around, and off the boys went for their meeting. The small ones and I gorged ourselves on pork rinds and M&M's and watched a Christmas movie. Nice, quiet evening in the fast lane, eh?

And then, the phone rang.

It was the baseball lady.

I was going to let the answering machine get it, but we don't have an answering machine. That sort of forced my hand.

WOOHOO - we can fill out the forms and pay the fees tomorrow and get the boys started playing baseball this season!

*ahhhh* Sweet relief.

But now, I'm looking at our calendar, and it's starting to creep me out a bit. Scouts, baseball, piano, balcony refinishing, new baby, camping trips and summer camp... what's happening to us? I guess this is what the Changing of the Seasons looks like. If it is, this will certainly be an interesting new season of life here at the Forever Home.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

mere said...

YAY!!!!

Oh, but you are going to be busy. You'll have fun though, watching them grow.

mere

Emily said...

OOOF!! I am right there with you on the packed calender thing! Mine is a bit daunting as well. Good luck!

Amber said...

That's great news! I still can't for the life of me figure out why sign ups are required so far in advance though. Things are getting busy, aren't they... but it sounds like a good kind of busy.

melissa said...

Hey gals, at least your old man is home!! I won't even LOOK at my calandar. That's how I get by. But seriously, I am SO glad that everything worked out for theboys w/ baseball. I almost missed sign-ups as well. I remember thinking on my way home that "they're CRAZY if they don't let Dy sign up....that's 3 entrance fees!!" Awesome!!

Staci Eastin said...

I haven't even been able to read your blog because I did the SAME thing with soccer sign-ups. I didn't want to think about breaking it a five-year-old who has been talking about soccer constantly since the fall season ended that he can't play because Mommy screwed up. I finally got a hold of the soccer guy and we too got a reprieve. WHEW!

I don't know how I missed it. They usually put several big signs up at strategic stoplights around town. But I did. Maybe next year we can try to remind each other around the end of January to look into this stuff.