Monday, February 11

ARGH - SO CLOSE!

Claudia asked me last night when baseball sign-ups start. I told her they should be this month, sometime. I felt so proud of myself for remembering that we have to start thinking about warm weather sports during the coldest month of our year. Yup. Feelin' pretty with-it.

I got online to check our community rec website, and it still had last year's sign-up info. Huh. That's weird. It didn't have last year's football info at all, which I thought was doubly strange. After a little finagling and clicking and roaming, *poof* the page suddenly changes - all new updates, all new info, all new site design! Same URL. Ahh, well, here we go, baseball... sign ups...

January 26th

Feb 2

Feb 9

Crap.

I've sent an email to the baseball rep, begging for clemency. Three little boys may disown me if I've blown it for the entire season.

*sigh*

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Melora said...

Ouch! I'm pretty sure ours were in March last year -- January and February just seems so Early! I hope the sign-up people are nice.

Dy said...

Me, too. :-( The baseball rep emailed me back and said the best thing to do is contact the pres. of the com. rec. assoc. - he gave me both email and home phone, so I'll give the gentleman a call this evening and hopefully he'll say we can bring the fees over tonight and get them signed up.

Ugh.

Are you guys doing b-ball again this year?
Dy

andie said...

The early baseball sign-ups here were the weekend of JANUARY 5th. Insanity! And we start playing weeks after you do. At least we did last year. Softball signups are late - March, sometimes April, but then they start right away...give you the shirt, you drink the Kool-Aid and your life outside The Family is over until August.

Urban Mom said...

You poor thing! That's the worst! Last year, on the coldest day of the year, my husband's best friend was standing in line to sign his kids up for baseball. Then he realized that he'd forgotten their birth certificates. He called us at 7:30am on a Saturday begging for help so that he wouldn't have to give up his place in line. What we do for our kids, huh???
Good luck, let us know how it works out!

Needleroozer said...

Well, at least I am not the only one- the priority signups for Interlochen ended Feb. 15th last year, and they apparently ended on the 1st this year. Sigh. We can still sign up, just less chance of a good scholarship. I have a very bad feeling about this.
LB

Jenni said...

Oops. That sounds so much like me. If your kids aren't in public school, how do you ever know these things? Now that we have the three older kids in public school, the school sends home word about both school and outside clubs or they announce it over the loudspeaker. Without that connection, I'm lost. I wouldn't dream of thinking about baseball until April.

Jules said...

You're not the only one! I picked Samantha up tonight and one of the other mothers said, "well we're headed over to volleyball sign-up."

Samantha piped in, "So are we!"

Umm... we are? Tonight? Right now? Is that what that little newspaper article said? The one that I stuck on my calendar so I wouldn't forget? Oh. Okay then. ;)