Thursday, December 9

Whooo Boy

So yesterday, John ate pretzels. That's cool. He likes pretzels. Except these were Rolled Gold, not, as I thought, the Glutino wf ones. *whine* We paid for it today. He spent the day on the verge of tears or in tears. Poor little guy.

Jacob has picked up on James' "owie gatherings" and when somebody cries, Jacob gets up and goes running to them. Granted, once he gets there, he squats down with his hands on his knees and stares at them like a mechanic looking at a blown tranny, but he's getting the feel of it, and that's a wonderful thing to see.

News on Zorak! *the hallelujah chorus sings, drum roll ensues, cue lights, camera...* He bought a coat! The same one he wanted to buy last winter. The same one he didn't buy last winter. I think he's excited, though, and is happy about the purchase. I know I am. He has a motorcycle jacket, but it's not quite what he needs to fend off this moist, blustery cold that comes off the water. I'm excited. My honey will be warm. And he saved the $10 he didn't want to spend on it last year! *Oh, that's funny!*

I think we're getting closer to knowing what to get the boys. I've been trying so hard not to buy all the wonderful things in the Rainbow Resources Gift Catalog!!! (Have you guys SEEN this thing? WOW. It's our dream book. Almost everything in there would be great!) James is always game for puzzles and mindbenders, for anything to do with magnets or circuits. John's up for dinosaurs! Preferably meat-eating ones, but any prehistoric beast will do in a pinch. And trains. Loves those trains. Jacob? Eh, he's easy. He doesn't know he doesn't have anything that's just his. Anyhow, we may get them gears or lincoln logs. I don't know. We tend to do one joint gift and then one or two individual gifts. They receive a few gifts from relatives, as well, and are able to enjoy them so much more. They have so much fun with what they have, and they don't get overwhelmed. But we really try to make those few gifts "just right"- things they will truly love.

On that note, the toy rack is nearly done. Stain is drying on it now. It looks incredibly rico!! Oh, I am SO excited!! There was relatively little Greek this time (some, but it wouldn't be a family project without it). I'll tell ya, I am a Muse! Zorak has the talent, skills, and ability, though. He is phenomenal. He's now working on stilts for the boys. What fun!

K, I'm off. Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Kiwi in NC said...

Stilts are the best!! My neighbor had a friend visiting this summer and out of the blue she made some pretty nifty stilts for my daughter(wood,big bolts and an old pair of tennies screwed in). They were pretty impressive and the hours of fun Hannah has had with them is priceless.
I am a bit of what you call a lurker, I've enjoyed reading your adventures for the last year. Have my own blog space, but...not a word written as yet.
kim

Kim said...

Buying presents for little boys is so much fun! Buying for little kids, period, is fun. My boys don't like "toys" as such, but want things like CD's, clothes, skateboard junk. Garrett is still being little boyish. He wants a remote controlled car. I gave that idea to my mom, because I know she can get a good one.

I so envy Zorak's building skills. My hubby is willing, but not always able, because his father hired out for every little job ever required, down to painting and wall papering. He's learning, which is nice.

Stephanie not in TX said...

Rainbow Resources Gift Catalog? The sound of that strikes both excitement and terror into my heart.

Kudos on the toy rack. Jeff is one of those who is very willing, and has great ideas, the turn into grand ideas, and then ... well ... we get busy ... ;-)

Dy said...

Hi Kim- Welcome, and thanks for de-lurking!

And Kim (the other Kim)- it's never too late for hubby to get the hang of it. Keep encouraging him. :-)

Steph- oh yes, my friend, it is a horrible, awful, wonderful things... you didn't get one? You must call! You must get one!!

Dy

Violet N. said...

Dy, I've been reading your blog for a bit now - found it via Kim (from Ontario) I think. This last post is fabulous. I can almost see it as a kids' book, oh and I know the perfect illustrator, but her name escapes me at the moment. Wonderful home, wonderful writing!