Friday, December 24

Pictures

Ah, a fresh cup of coffee and some new pictures always helps, doesn't it? The boys and I snuggled in for some stories (something I haven't done much with them while we're traveling, and have missed terribly), then I wrapped presents while Zorak and his mom made pecan log candy (YUM!) Stockings have been filled, and in the quiet of the night, I can feel the boys' excitement in my own heart again. I'm thankful for that.

One thing that helped tremendously was turning off that infernal television. I didn't realize until I blogged earlier just how much that constant background noise was affecting me. It's funny, because Zorak and I used to use the TV for background noise all the time. Get home from work, turn on the tube and head to the kitchen- that was the normal routine. No wonder Zorak's poor mother looked askance at me when I kept asking if we could turn off the TV, you know, since we're all in the kitchen... I'm amazed at the difference not having cable has made in our lives. Not to mention that absolutely base, disgusting stuff that's on TV these days! Oy! But that's another blog. This one is for pictures. :-)

Here's one of Jess and I and our herds... that's a lotta kids, but doesn't it look like fun? (I don't have editing features while on the road, so you're getting the raw images for now.) From l-r, front row: Jacob, Belle, Alyssa; middle row: John, me, James, Jess, Craig; way up high in the back- Ry. You have no idea how many pictures it took to get one with all nine of us looking the same direction!



Here's a shot of me and the boys as we ventured into the snow. (ignore the scarf on the head thing, I forgot to bring a hat.)



Here are the boys decorating a gingerbread house with Granny...




Jacob has already beheaded one of the gingerbread men.

And here's the Smidge, getting his first recognizable experience in the snow! Wee!



Merry Christmas to you! I hope tomorrow dawns with many joys and laughter for each of you.

Give those babies extra special Christmas kisses tonight!
Dy

7 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh I love the pics Dy!!! I really love the one of Jacob in the snow! Im amazed our kids all were looking at the camera! I just got a new digital for Christmas, I wish I had it while you were here...

I love you and have a magical and peaceful day. I miss you already!

Love,
Jess

Kim said...

Dy, what lovely pictures! I'm so envious of both you and Jess, because you got to meet one another. One of these days, I think my family needs to head south rather than west!

Blessings on you and your family. You continue to be such a great encouragement and blessing to me!

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you for the fantastic pictures! Beautiful!
You are really pretty...even with the scarf!
I actually like that look :o)

Merry Christmas!

Julie D. said...

I LOVE the pictures ... thanks for taking the time to post them, especially on Christmas Eve. I dont' think I'd ever seen a pic of you before ... as Donna said, you are beautiful! Have a very merry Christmas!

Linda said...

What wonderful photos, Dy! I love the scarf look, too--you look radiant!

Christmas Blessings to you and your family!!!

Amy said...

Cute kids! Beautiful mommy! Thanks for sharing with us. I hope your Christmas was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! Thank you for sharing. You look like you had a great time.

Cheryl (konk)