Sunday, December 12

Too Pooped To Blog

The stars converged on me today. It began last night. We had a lovely time at Solomon's Island (I'll fill y'all in on that tomorrow). We came home a little after ten and everyone promptly fell into a deep, almost coma-like sleep. My thinking was along the lines of,
"I'll get to sleep early and be so well-rested for tomorrow!"
My body reacted along the lines of,
"Alrighty then, you've had a whopping five hours of sleep. Wakey-wakey!"
*groan* 3:49AM and I was w-i-d-e a-w-a-k-e.

We had a nice day, lounging about, reading stories. Actually, the boys and I fell asleep when we got home. Zorak assembled the toy rack and left it as a surprise for us in the hallway. It was a wonderful treat this morning!

The boys went to Wal-Mart to pick up enough bins to fill the rack properly while I tidied the house. The Wonderful Neighbors brought the girls over to play while they attended a company Christmas Party. Five children can be very loud. Thankfully, five wonderful children who all play well together can also be very enjoyable. We enjoyed having a housefull, and Zorak even said, "Wow, if we had five children, our house would always be this full." Full. Yes. That's a beautiful word, isn't it? Not riotous, not chaotic, but full. Beautifully filled with happy voices, small giggles, voices echoing in a rising wave, but a good wave. Needless to say, everybody had a great time.

The boys begged to finish Oliver Twist before lights out. We had only one chapter, so... well, I'm a sucker. It was a good story, too, and the soft sighs were well worth the extra few minutes before lights out.

And now, it's past my bedtime. So I bid you kiss those sleeping babies and snuggle in. Enjoy the night!

~Dy

2 comments:

Babette said...

Your home is full of life! Lovely post!

Kim said...

How nice for your boys to have little girls to play with. My dd's first friends were twin boys who lived next door. It was so much fun when we'd all get together.