Wednesday, December 1

My Doctor's Note for Not Blogging

Dear Reader,

Please excuse Dy for not blogging much this week. She's had a rough week, and you wouldn't have wanted her to blog (trust me).

Her diaper bag was stolen Friday night, with her camera, keys, sling, cell phone and wallet in it. The boys were spared the horror of having lost their Gobstoppers when those turned up under the front seat of the Suburban.

The landlord decided to inform Dy and Zorak - a scant five days before the end of their lease - that a property inspection would need to be made before the lease could be renewed. Oh, and to sweeten the deal, rent went up.

Dy was hanging in there considerably well... until Zorak had to work late on Monday. Then had to head out of town on Tuesday (didn't see that one coming in time to duck, evidently). We aren't sure when his ETA home is, but it will be after the home-inspecting-lease-signing-pow-wow.

Dy has cleaned her home from top to bottom (in some cases, more than once - she does have the boys, after all) the past few days. It looks so nice, you'd think the in-laws were coming.

The boys think they've been abandoned, or they would, except for the food that appears mysteriously at the table several times a day. And that the baby finds himself in a clean diaper when one of the older boys shouts "Jacob stinks!" (It's an amazing phenomena, and they plan to tell their mother about it if and when she stops moving and talking to herself in that creepy voice.)

I've prescribed the standard US Military Rx for her: Motrin and Cepacol spray. She should be fine in two weeks, or we will administer more Motrin and Cepacol spray.

Thank you for your patience. Dy will be back to blogging after her nervous breakdown, which is currently scheduled for Saturday night. Possibly before, but no guarantees.

Sincerely,
Dy's Doctor

6 comments:

Tenniel said...

Dy,

You are in our prayers here. I wish we lived near you and could help you out in some way. I do hope you have been able to resolve all the mess that must have occured with the loss of all those items.

Hugs!
Tenn

Julie D. said...

Praying for your peace and calm ... on the other hand, look how clean your house is. My husband would LOVE it if I'd clean when I got upset.

Amy said...

Landlords...(mutters something indecipherable under breath).

I'm sorry you're having a rough week. I wish I could help. Maybe I can come over Saturday night at the very least - it'll be a big, fun, nervous breakdown fest!

J-Lynn said...

Excuse me Mr. Dr? Could you write me an excuse as well? You can keep almost all the wording, sans the theft and please change the names.

({({({({(hugs)}))})}) Dy. I've locked myself in my home for the week so PLEASE feel free to call whenever you can. I'm in the middle of my clean-fest today.

Hugs, husg, and more hugs! Oh, and lots of prayers,

Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh dear what a week you have had! I really wish that this wonderful doctor of yours would write me a note getting me out of work because I just had someone quit and frankly, I can feel my own breakdown starting any time now and I too want to hide myself in my house and not come out.... hmmm maybe we could have a breakdown together?

Miss having your blog darling... come back soon.

Sherri
www.upsaid.com/aptghomeschool

L said...

Dear Doc,

We will consider this an excused absence.

Please tell the lady who is not afraid of bears that I'm confident this is just a temporary setback.

Sincerely,
A Classic Adventures Fan