Thursday, September 11

"Organized Mom" Survived Auditions

Well, toss me a cold one, we survived. I learned a few things last night:

~ It's fairly safe to say that my "spiritual gifts" do not include theatrical productions, large group child ministry, or dealing with people who are trying to live the Big City Life in a Small Town. Yup. We can just cross all three of those right off my list.

~ James seems to have no clue how to listen in large groups, and yet he also seems to have a bent for performing. (There's a niggling bit in the back of my head that says this is going to be an interesting combination.)

~ I never noticed that the baby probably could have used a bath and a change of clothes until we were already out in public, standing beneath fluorescent lighting. Spit-up glows in that lighting, did you know that? Oops.

~ If you're hungry enough, McDonald's isn't that bad.

~ Now I understand why they started this all last week. This is a Big Production. I'm not sure how they'll pull it together by Christmas. However, I'm sure if they fail it won't be from lack of effort or vision.

~ And, finally, I think I'm going to have the children start journaling. This way, I can remind them to write in their journals, "another example of how much Mom loves me and does things Just For Me". They can write that part in red, so that, in the adolescent years to come, if they're ever feeling neglected or unpampered, I can easily direct them to their journals for hard evidence to the contrary.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! (As I toss you a cold one)

Konkadoo said...

I have a kid like that. Very bad at large group things, lives to perform. The two actually do seem to go together. A child bent on performing just doesn't do "one of the crowd" well.

I get a sinking feeling my children will try to suck me into one of those big Christmas things at our church.

mere said...

I am seriously looking forward to more posts on this subject. Oh, yes...This experience told from your perspective will undoubtedly be HIGHLY entertaining!

have a great one!
mere