Saturday, September 27

Cute goes a long way!

I will probably get lousy customer service when the kids are grown and I have to shop on my own. Thankfully, the entire staff of the fabric store was completely enamoured by the children. Jase was oh-so-darling with his finger hooked over his nose, leaning into people as they talked to him, his smile arching up to his eyes. It's nice that he doesn't mind having strangers in his face. EmBaby melted every ovary in the store as she cuddled with the bolt of fabric and chit-chatted with Smidge about all the pretty fabric. Smidge was Quite Helpful, incredibly polite, and surprisingly non-jittery. *yay*

Hey, did you know it's less expensive to buy an IKEA armchair than it is to buy foam to make a cushion for the futon-chair? Wow. So, I figured I'd sew horizontal channels with the muslin, stuff them with the innerds of the existing cushion, and then cover the new design with the corduroy. In theory, the channels will help prevent the stuffing from shifting and bunching. But theory and practice don't always mesh, do they? I'll keep you posted.

The boys had a good time at the Beltloop Jamboree. I offered up the camera, but Zorak declined. I think it was all he could do just to get up and going so early, and I think I really should have offered him coffee, instead. Ah, well, I didn't think of it until I was halfway through the pot and he was halfway to the Jamboree.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

I cannot imagine you getting poor customer service with those three faces in tow. Man, those are three darling faces.

Bridget said...

It's amazing how sometimes when you expect the worse your babies will step up and completely surprise you. Gotta love um.

Heidicrafts said...

Which beltloop topics did the boys work on?