Wednesday, September 17

Getting Comfy

They never had dentists like this when I was a kid... The dentist is so good that I would take the kids to him even if his office was in an abandoned basement from the Inquisition, to be honest. But the added perks, and the psychological benefit they provide, are definitely worth whatever this man wants to charge.
There are TVs mounted on the ceiling, and the kids can watch anything they want. There's always a movie playing. James got to watch The Price is Right while they worked on him. Plus, it's so cheerful and friendly. The whole tone of the office is that this is a great place to be. They even allow siblings (or maybe it's just our kids who do this - but the staff allows it) to come hang out with the one being treated...

They refer to the nose piece as "Mr. Nose". Em didn't have a visit today, so she stole John's and headed back to hang with Smidge. As an aside, does he look like a child who is about to have two huge cavities filled? No. Or, at least that's not what I looked like in that position. Not thirty years ago. Not last month.

Anyway, she tried something different...

...but that didn't work, either. And then, she found The Sweet Spot.
This is where she remained until someone brought her a blown up glove...
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Melora said...

I've always been pleased with our pediatric dentists (and wished that they were around when I was a kid!), but yours looks especially wonderful! I've never seen tvs on the ceiling. Love the pictures!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Wow. I need to find a dentist like that! Preferably after we get dental insurance again. :)

Dy said...

Emily, he's not covered by our insurance, but it's worth it, to me, not to pay into a broken, useless system. We've had two dentists who are "preferred" on our ins. and they've both been deplorable. This guy, I would sell both my kidneys to be able to keep using. Seriously. Both of them.

Melora, yeah, it's made me want to mount a flat-screen tv in our room. How cool would that be? And if I fall asleep watching TV, I wouldn't have to worry about getting a stiff neck!

Urban Mom said...

How cool! We stopped going to our pediatric dentist -- UK1 would scream, "but I DON'T LIKE Dr. Nancy!!!!" in the background as I made an appointment. And she was right -- she was kind of a meanie. Now she tags along with us to our dentist, who's a mom of two and has a toychest. But wow. TV's on the ceiling. And Mr. Nose. Do they take adult patients? 'Cause I'd be IN.

Anonymous said...

LOL ours has a tv too. It's awesome!!! lol@Mr. Nose.

Em is just TOO cute!!!