Monday, September 15

Hearing Voices

Part of the Big Plan includes keeping the Suburban clean. Did you know you can actually fit eight people in there? huh. Who knew?

Anyway, the battery's a bit low, so I went ahead and started it up to charge the battery while I had the doors open to clean and vacuum. I turned on the stereo, and sang along to the CD of the children's Christmas play.

All was going well, and I was beboppin' along, doing my thing. But then, when the songs would end, I thought I heard voices. Children's voices.

I'd look up. No children on the porch. Hmmm.

Go back to vacuuming. Sing a bit.

Then I'd hear those voices again. I could *swear* I heard children talking, but I couldn't see any children anywhere. And between the vacuum and the engine, I couldn't make out what they were saying, either.

So I turned off the vacuum.

And heard, quite clearly, the *rest* of the Christmas play. Performed by children.

It's a good thing I can laugh at myself.

It's also a good thing we're not driving anywhere today!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

No comments: