Saturday, September 27

Success, family, and miscellany...

They did it! The little critters pulled it off. They completed two days' worth of work before noon today. On their own initiative. With no grousing. AND they had time to crack jokes.

*sniff* I'm so proud of them.

Of course, that also leaves me wondering what in the world is going on most days...

And whether they're really being challenged at all during our normal routine...

But for now, we're not going to worry about that. I'm just going to join them in wallowing in the happiness that they did it. They pulled it off. And they did well, all around. Yay, Boys!!!

Sadly, the link cable didn't work. At all. And I was no help. At all.

SO. Zorak's going to see if he can figure out what's wrong, and if he can't, we'll send it back and let James buy a new game or something. Or we'll track down another cable. I don't know, but we'll make it right for him.

**********************************

The older boys watched the debate with us tonight. Their enthusiasm wasn't way up there, but they followed the discussion and asked a number of good questions.

It was also nice just to curl up together as a family and enjoy partaking in our heritage, passing it down to our children, and showing them that an involved, interested, well-informed constituency is absolutely vital to the survival of a free society.

**********************************

Tomorrow is the Beltloop Jamboree. Zorak's taking the two Scouts. He promised to hit the Russell-Stover Outlet, since they'll be right by it.

I'll take the three Littles with me to Hancock Fabrics for foam, muslin, and corduroy. (I'm thinking this cinnamon red looks just right!) And then, zippity-zip, in just two or three months, we should have a nice new cushion for the futon-chair! (Why is it that every project we complete only seems to further hi-light the projects we have yet to complete? I'm almost afraid to finish this, because I know once it's done, it'll make something else that needs doing painfully clear.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Gee, now I feel guilty for watching less than five minutes of the debate, rolling my eyes, and heading back up stairs. In my defense, even my favorite TV show will put me to sleep if it's after 8pm. Sometimes 7pm is enough to do it. If it's dark and I'm sitting still in a cushy seat, I'm out. Danny watched and Na was present though not attentive. Josh and Jo were at a football game. I feel like holding my breath until the election is over and I can just settle into dealing with whoever we wind up with. I'll vote, but I've never felt so uneasy about it. I don't know if that's due more to the candidates or the times.