Thursday, September 25

Happy Half-A-Year to You!

The Wee One hit six months. We haven't lost him, dropped him (that was actually a concern, considering Em's need to haul him around), or scarred him (years to go on that one, though...) He gets more interaction than any child I know. Some of it unwanted, but he doesn't really seem to care. It's as though he's resigned to not being mobile. Who knows how this will go when he can do more than roll? He's a happy little guy. And, I think it's safe to say, now that we've hit the six month mark: My first child without colick! (Thank you, baby! You'll always be in the running for Mama's Favorite, just for that! *smooch*)

Thumb sucking is Serious Business? Did you know that? Just look at the concentration. He chased that thumb around for quite a while before he caught it. I'd have had more pictures, but I was laughing too hard.
Smidge digs being a big brother. Jase digs that his arms are still in his sockets. Life is good.
And Dad, who doesn't do the laundry, thought he should celebrate being Half-A-Year with... A Cookie! I was going to be upset, but when Zorak looked at Jase and said, "You like a cookie," (a'la Over the Hedge) and Jase laughed and laughed and yanked the cookie out of Zorak's hand, I had to decide between fit or photo. Photo won. He'll be fine. He really loved the cookie.And he really loves the Zorak.
And in no time at all, he's going to turn ten, and I'm probably going to cry. So, for now, I'll have a cookie, too. And smile. And kiss my babies. And pray he's not still sucking his thumb when he turns ten...

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Melora said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy half year birthday, Jason!

H said...

Oh my word, that boy keeps getting cuter! He is adorable, especially that photo with him eating the cookie.

And I love Smidge trying to hide behind Jase in the pictures! LOL!

Hillary

Jenni said...

What a cutie! Hooray for no colic, too! I only had one baby with colic and I about lost my mind. You know, I think this one looks a *lot* like Zorak. I mean they all look like both of you, but at least in these pics, Jason looks more like Zorak.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Oh, that last picture is so sweet. There is just nothing like a baby sleeping on his daddy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Haf-a-year, Jason! I love the top pic- he looks so like his Daddy in that one!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday baby Jason! He is so cute Dy!

My 6 yo baby still sucks her thumb occasionally. :-O Must work on that. hehe

Ritsumei said...

I dig that cookie picture!! What a cutie you have on your hands!