Wednesday, April 16

What Do You Get...

When you combine...

a Netflix subscription,

the watch-now feature (woohoo!),

repeated recommendations for North and South?

and a loving husband who still thanks me for not making him watch Pride and Prejudice?


A woman up way past her bedtime, riveted to the computer, wondering just how many episodes are on Disk 1!

This is worse than the time Zorak and I watched Band of Brothers... three disks at a time! But I can't. turn. it. off.

Fortunately, we don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, uh, today, so the kids can hang out and eat yogurt, bagels, and the remaining turnovers (which turned out splendidly, by the way) for breakfast while I sleep it off a bit. Or while I hook up the BUNN IV drip to kick start myself in a few hours. Whatever we need to do.

Ok, back to Episode 4...

This is FUN!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're talking about the Pride and Prejudice from 1996 with Colin Firth, I think that Zorak is missing out.

BTW, when you throw hulu into the mix it gets even better ;-)

Dy said...

*grin* Well, I think so, too, but ever since I got him to sit through Mel Gibson's Hamlet, he hasn't exactly trusted my opinion on these things. He did watch, and thoroughly enjoy, Luther and Elizabeth, though. Maybe someday I can convince him to get to know Mr. Darcy and the crew! ;-) In the meantime, though, I had a lovely evening with Margaret and Mr. Thornton, and Zorak got to watch Comedy Central.

Thanks for the link to hulu, by the way. I'd never heard of it before! Wow. Where have I been???

Dy

andie said...

LOL! That was the first thing I got from Netflix when Matt started working out of town.

It's...*sigh* so wonderful.

We just found hulu, too. How ever we lived without the ability to watch Starsky and Hutch on demand, I'll just never know. *gag*

Melora said...

Ed and I both loved North and South (and he was fairly luke warm on P & P).

Meliss said...

Have you seen Wives and Daughters? I liked that even better.

mere said...

Oooooh. I think we may have to check out North and South. That sounds right up our alley!

I loved Wives and Daughters. Have you gotten to see any of the the latest Jane Austen works on Masterpiece Theatre? They've been pretty good. Jane Eyre was really good, too.

mere

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Oh, I loved North and South, too! How far did you get last night? And how are you feeling today? :)

Staci Eastin said...

Just so you know, or, just so Zorak knows:

Theodore, computer programmer, western-loving Theodore thinks Pride and Prejudice is great. It took him a bit or warming up, but once he understood that it was funny, he really liked it.

Dy said...

Meliss and Mere, thanks for the suggestion of Wives and Daughters. I hadn't hear of that one.

Emily, I think I watched all of it. Four episodes - are there only two per disk? *sigh* I really wanted to know how on earth they were going to handle the relationships with Thornton's mother! :-) I was up far too late, but we had a great, productive, loving day. So, evidently I've had enough rest lately that I can pull that off once in a while.

Staci, I'll pass that along. ;-) Thanks!
Dy