Monday, April 7

That went quickly.

I'm in bed with the baby by nine each night, and that pretty much kills my normal computer time. So the next time I sit down to write, *poof*, it's three days later!

The balcony o' death is down. The pictures are amazing. I'll post them later on today. For now, however, I promised LB I'd post more BabyJ photos. (Twist my arm, right?) But seriously, I'm all about being a good friend, and a good friend doesn't leave her friend jonesing for baby shots. So, BabyJ's big event this weekend was His First Bath! He tolerated it far better than any of the others ever did. What a patient little guy.

Not to mention, he had to endure his bath with EmBaby hovering over the edge of the tub, making waves and "splooshes", squeaking with delight, and trying to "help". Yep, he's a lot more calm than I would've been in the same situation.

However, either the activity wore him out completely, or he's a wily one and figured out how to play 'possum so we'll leave him alone...


The rest of the weekend was rain, baseball games, more rain, more practice, and a sick Smidge. He's got a ten o'clock appointment with the pediatrician today. Weee! Zorak was going back to work today, but the ped's office is a den of festering contagion and if we can avoid taking everybody down there (because you know they'd all contract something different to bring home and share), well, that'd be grand. So he's home this morning. Yay!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

13 comments:

mere said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Both of those pictures are so cute!

Sarah Jane liked them too!

You are very blessed. You know that, right?

mere

Needleroozer said...

Bless you. I was jonesin something fierce! Have to say, though, those beautiful photos kinda just make me want more! I know, I have a problem, lol.
And that is one of the most photogenic and laid back babies I have seen in some time. E. screamed through her entire first bath experience like she was being branded.
I cannot believe I get to hold him (and all the rest of them) myself is a few short weeks! Squeal!
Thanks for the fix to keep me going till then!
Hugs to Smidge, and Zorak for taking him in- he is such a good daddy.
LB

Konkadoo said...

I miss you. Tell that little guy to share his mommy a bit, will you?

I can see why he'd take a high priority over indulging us internet junkies though.

Melora said...

Beautiful baby shots! Giving those early baths always made me terribly nervous (I did them in the kitchen sink -- your way is cleverer!).

Poor little Smidge! I hope that doctor gives him something good. It is wonderful that Zorak can save the others from the Germ Zone.

Amber said...

What a cutie!! And what a mellow little guy. I love that picture of him conked out like that.

Anonymous said...

He is just darling! I love the monkey suit too. Tell Smidge we all hope he's feeling better. Maddy was upset he's not feeling well.

Amy said...

Oh. My. Word. There is no question which family that baby belongs to. He looks just like the rest of your crew. Beautiful.

Thanks for spreading the baby love around!

Meliss said...

He is beautiful, Dy! Thanks for the pictures!

melissa said...

Awwwww......y'all make the prettiest little kids! What a doll baby. And poor Smidgelit. Hope he's all better by this evening.

Jenni said...

Hey! He's smiling in that top photo. Doesn't he know babies can't do that until (What is it they say?)3 months? And that second picture! He's sooo long. I think you may have a future NBA star there:o)

Jules said...

He already looks like he has changed from the first pictures you posted. Isn't it amazing how fast they can do that?

You are so blessed! ;)

I hope Smidge feels better...

Heather said...

You make the most beautiful babies Dy. Oh I guess the hubby had something to do with it ;-) Give him a kiss and a nuzzle for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweetie! Before you know it, he'll be a chunk like my Fiona. I already miss newborn days!!!