Thursday, April 24

Busy Day!

Em wasn't so sure the day would go well. She did her hair and wanted to show James. I had to tell her James was in town. She grunted her disappointment. Then I gave her a bagel and she asked for one for Smidge. Had to admit that he, too, was not home. More grunting, accompanied by the furrowing of brows. When we finally got to the fact that John was also MIA, she lost it and stood in the living room crying, "Em a want her boys!" She finally accepted that it was just us three this morning, and curled up to eat her bagel all alone on the couch. I couldn't resist snapping a picture. This is Em, of the Wild Hair Clan.

Her prospects improved considerably when I told her we could go into town "to find the boys" and have a picnic. That was a great pick-me-up! And so, we cleaned up a bit and headed into town. The picnic was a blast. Me-Wa and Me-Tae were there. The weather was perfect. The other kids there were delightful. Just couldn't ask for a nicer day for an outing.

Smidge was walking ten feet tall, since he got to spend the day hanging with the guys. I think this helped him not feel quite so small today, and that was really good stuff!

And the wee bairn even emerged from his cocoon for a bit, to enjoy the sunshine and the lovin's.

Smidge's game was tonight. He had a wonderful time, and his team won. I'll blog about that in a separate post, since there are pictures to go with it, and Blogger limits the number of images per post.

For now, though, it's time for bed. I've got three guys to pack off to camp for the weekend, and a whole lot of cleaning to do in the meantime!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Heather said...

Aww. Our Emmy used to get really upset when her DrewMatt wasn't around. Nice to see that your Em has a JamesSmidgeJohn. LOL What a princess. She isn't ever going to get to date is she?

Heather

mere said...

All these beautiful pictures! I love it. I'm going to have to post some!

mere

J-Lynn said...

She's so precious!!!

Jacob looks so big in that pic!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

That is too sweet. I love how siblings get so attached to each other! We just moved Thomas into Jonathan's room (now "the boys' room"!) and it is sweetness itself to hear them talking to each other after we put them to bed. :)

Anonymous said...

The are so cute! You and Zorak should be required to have at least 5 more, they are cute and smart and kind enough to make up for a lot of ugly, dumb, and mean that seems to be going around these days!

Bob and Claire said...

Emily is so cute! I can't believe the amount of hair she has!! Pigtails! Maybe in a few years or so for Anna, LOL.

My 4 boys went to a birthday party on Tuesday, and when we dropped them off, Anna was pretty upset too--"My boys!" She's definitely not used to life without a herd of small males running around her. And it's a pretty good life for her too! I know it is for Emily too! : )

Anonymous said...

Those pony tails look pretty darn straight to me! :)

I have not been visiting blogs much at all so please please forgive me for not knowing you had had your beautiful baby boy!!!! Congratulations over and over. What a lovely baby he is!

Warmly,
Kate

Crissy said...

Oh, my goodness, Em's little face sure makes me smile.
How sweet that she wants 'her boys'!

momanna98 said...

Princess C calls the boys "my boys" and I just love it! I guess that's the good thing about being the only girl. The boys are all yours. :-)

Jules said...

That is a great story!
Anna wakes up every morning and the first words out of her mouth are asking where everyone is. "Jo-jo 'ome? Mimi 'ome? Josh 'ome? Dada work?" It is so cute! I love how they get so attached. :)

Amber said...

What great hair! :-) She's such a cutie. They all are, of course, but I know you know that already. How exciting that Smidge got to be with the guys today, I bet he really appreciated that.

Ritsumei said...

I just love that pic of your EmBaby and the bagel! I love the intensity in her eyes, the way she's holding the bagel. That's just a great shot. You do indeed have beautiful children.