Friday, March 21

No Fear

It's a good thing they're cute.


Tomorrow's schedule:

8:30AM (AM?!?! *whimper*) - James to the field 10 miles west of us for a 9:00 game

9:00AM (SO not much better than 8:30...) - John to the field 15 miles east of us for a 9:30 game

10:00AM (WHY, rec. association? WHY? Do you people not sleep in?) - Smidge has practice at a different field, but at the same park at James' game


Heh. I get to stay home and labor.

Somehow, I think I'm getting off easy. (Although I do hate missing the kids' games. This will be James' first game, ever. *sniff*)

Fortunately, John's going to get a ride in with one of his team mates. It's really nice to have lived here long enough that we know the other families. It's also really nice of them to call and offer to haul our children, in addition to their own, to the games. It's... well, I'm feeling very blessed about our Forever Home Community right now. We're gathering Our People. People are getting to know us, and to like us, and to look out for us. You can't legislate that kind of community. You have to build it.

So, hideously early timeframe aside, Zorak just has to hold the fort between Smidge and EmBaby (oh, I hope he plans to take EmBaby...) while James' game gets started.

John had a tournament game tonight. James had practice. Smidge was pretty upset to discover he'd been left behind. Well, he'd been sleeping. You couldn't have paid one of us to wake him up to haul him around for that!

Same progress on the labor. Consistent, small contractions. All. Day. Long. Five to seven minutes apart, but still not long. Nothing beyond uncomfortable and irritating. By the time this thing kicks off, we're probably (hopefully?) looking at 30 minutes, tops. Boy, wouldn't that be fantastic?

The boys' uniforms are in the dryer, and I'm going to go wrestle my body pillow from Zorak and catch some shuteye!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

14 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Smidge is not so much of a Smidge any more, is he?

Hang in there, Mama. Come out baby! Don't hesitate to call again if you need to.
Hugging you,
LB

mere said...

That is one crazy schedule! It is wonderful that you do have a community that is looking out for you. That truly is a blessing.

Putsy-putsy labor leading to the sheer cliff of transition actually doesn't sound so bad. And you'll be home, where you can fold laundry or something else productive while laboring, so that's good. I'm sure you are making progress, little by little, millimeter by millimeter.

Take care rest as much as you can.
mere

Jules said...

I soooo feel for you right now! I did the same thing with Anna - had steady, regular contractions for close to two weeks before she was born!

Doh! - I just did what I try to never do IRL - give a pregnant woman a story of labor that discourages instead of encourages. Sorry!! :)

Just ignore that two weeks thing and know that I am sympathizing with you and keeping you in my prayers!

andie said...

Hang in there! ((()))s

melissa said...

Yeah........you don't wanna deliver on the first base line. ;-)

O.K., could Smidge look ANY CUTER?? Good luck to them all in their insanely early games.Something tells me Zorak handles it like a pro.


30 minutes, huh? When do you call the midwife on something like that?

I've been praying for you.

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you have good people to help you out! I can't imagine worrying about getting kids places and thinking it could be any time. Heh. Maybe they're not really such good people and they're just thinking the same thing. "Good God! We can't have her delivering that baby in the stands!" LOL:o)

Becca said...

Hmmm, given the choice between laboring and schlepping all the kids to all the different fields...I'm with you. I'd pick to labor, also! I hope and pray that everything goes well and you have another gorgeous baby in just a short time!

Amy said...

Thirty minutes would be fantastic! And Lord knows you deserve it after days of this!

People are getting to know us, and to like us, and to look out for us. You can't legislate that kind of community. You have to build it. Beautiful, Dy. I may just steal it from you.

I do hope one of your "people" will be with you while Zorak is toting the crew around?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so which is better? Really slow, long labor or really fast labor?

I'm just looking forward to meeting Heiney...and finding out his real name ;)

Amber said...

Wow, what a schedule! That is wonderful that you're starting to find some people who you know and who know you. That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it!

I'll be thinking about you today, I hope things keep puttering along for you. Isn't it wonderful that you can be at home through this and not stuck on someone else's timetable?

Melora said...

What a great picture of Smidge!
How great that you have friends to help get the boys where they need to be!
Maybe you will have a beautiful new baby by Easter! (I hope!) I hope things continue to move along nicely.

Anonymous said...

((DY)) I keep coming back to check in on you - aren't you glad I don't have a phone number? Sending tons of good thoughts and prayers for a quick 30 minutes. Can't wait to meet your new little guy! Hang in there.

Amy/The Foil Hat

Jennie C. said...

Alrighty...I've been looking at Smidge ALL DAY! He's cute and all, but... where's that baby?!

Lots of love, Dy! I'm sure you're more impatient than I, so I'll just go do something useful while I wait. Like iron. Or hide the easter eggs. Be back in a little while. :-)

Konkadoo said...

Okay, no post today. I'm going to hope and assume that means we'll have a baby update by the next post?