Monday, March 17

How ya doin?

Me? Well, it seems I've gone mildly insane the past couple of days. Just when I was beginning to worry that this might necessitate medication (or, preferably for all involved, forced isolation and a regular supply of crushed ice), Erin mentioned that this might possibly be "nesting". These are the symptoms:

* Irrationally irate response to clutter in any form.
* Sudden desire to sort every. piece. of. clothing. we. own.
* Absolute inability to think about things like "preparing food" when there is cleaning to be done.
* Delusional fantasies that involve me wanting to do things like help stretch fencing and pour concrete... yeah, now. Riiiight.

Oh. That nesting.

Yeah.

I'm really, really hoping to go this weekend. Friday would be nice. Not that we have a say in these things, really, but that would give me a couple more days to finish terrorizing everyone in the house with my Susan Powder-meets-Martha Stewart tirades, and one more Thursday to tweak how that day goes, and then we have a nice, long three-day weekend with Zorak, anyway.

My family is probably praying I'll go into labor tonight and just end the roller coaster ride. I wouldn't put it past them to spike my Cherry Lemon Sun Drop with castor oil, just to buffer the odds.

The stoopid dog jumped the fence earlier in the week, and I've got to say that while I've worried about him, I haven't missed him. At all. The kids have. I think Zorak has. I was kind of hoping someone would just fall in love with his furry little ears and big brown eyes and KEEP HIM. But no, we got a call this morning from a gentleman who has him. So as soon as I post this, we're going to load up and go retrieve the non-repentant little Prodigal and bring him home. But seriously, what am I going to do with an 80-pound fence jumper? Oh, I know, keep him and love him and keep working with him on it. I know. It's good.

12 comments:

mere said...

I am getting really excited for you!

I hope the pool gets there on time!

You must keep us posted about all of your progress. Remember that full moon on Friday!

Have a great day!
mere

Needleroozer said...

Okay, here's hoping for Friday morning. Come on out, Heinie!
LB

Anonymous said...

So, we are finally home. So very sorry about the nast cold we left behind! Keep on nesting! Hope FRiday is the day!

Jennie C. said...

No "Kiss those babies!" today? You must be having a rough day. :-) Lots of love to you, Dy!

Dy said...

Oh! Oh, my! How could I forget that? Yes, kiss 'em, love on 'em, let 'em know they're precious (no matter how nutso mama gets! LOL!)

Bob and Claire said...

It's going to be soon!! How exciting! I'll be praying for you specially all this week, Dy! I hope you can blog through the first part of labor, like you did last time! : )

Melora said...

How exciting! Well, I hope little Heinrich shows up right when you have everything organized & situated just so (and before anyone has come along after you and messed things up again). Aren't you supposed to be resting? I hope your pool has arrived.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Oh, I hope you can live blog your labor, too! That was SO much fun last time with Embaby - I was paying WAY too much attention to my computer that day. ;)

Have fun with the nesting! And I'm sending love and prayers your way for a safe, easy, and happy birth.

Emily said...

Hang in there!! You can imagine my envy of your progress.
Nesting always hits me hard. The Dude said just yesterday (as I was sorting clothes :) ), that if I would have a few more kids we would have such a kick ass house!

Amy said...

Oh Boy! You know as I type this I am looking at two garbage bags full of clothes that I meant to pack up last week and send to you as a surprise. I'm glad I didn't as that might have put you over the edge with sorting clothes.

I do have a number of your outfits to return, and a pile of lightweight sleeper outfits. I will express them out to you if you want them.

Good luck with everything, my fingers are crossed for a very quick and easy birth.
Peace,
Amy

Amy said...

Oh yeah. You are so ready to go.

I would regale you with my fence-jumping dog stories, but maybe I'll wait until after Heinrich is born. Or maybe till after he's 18.

Keep us posted, Dy! I can't wait to "meet" this little one!

Jules said...

We have a fence-jumping dog, too. But luckily she doesn't usually run away - she just jumps the fence to get up on the porch and lay down right in front of the door. That way she won't miss the kids when they decide to go outside!:)

I hope little Heinrich comes soon, too. Oh, it's just so exciting, isn't it? I hope you can get through "crazy Thursday" first, and then be good to go. Keep us posted!