Thursday, March 20

I think this is going to be another long one.

My initial post was that "nothing is happening," and that's how it feels. I slept a good part of the day. I wandered from room to room, looking for something to read, to eat, to do... nothing looks interesting. Very restless. But then Zorak asked me to let him know so we could time contractions.

Huh. Whaddya know? They're very regular, 7-10 minutes apart. They're just short in duration. This means two things: it's gonna be a while, and at least they're probably semi-productive. (Wee!) From what I can remember of EmBaby's birth, there was only about 30 minutes of active pushing (although I'd have sworn at the time that it was hours! LOL!)

So. I found a mystery plant and got pictures. I'm going to edit them and beg y'all to help us identify the mystery tree. :-) And then, perhaps we'll watch a movie. Zorak made cookie bars. I'll probably eat the rest of those.

Oh, funny. I just went back to read Em's story, and read this:
I'm anxious for things to pick up the pace a bit. Threw in some laundry, snacked on breakfast leftovers... roaming around looking for something to do. I might go down to the basement and see if I can find a book I haven't read yet (you'd think, considering 3/4 of what we own is books, that wouldn't be a difficult task, eh?)
Sound familiar? Heh. At least this time, all our books are upstairs and I don't have any walls to texture. Pretty cushy, if you ask me.

Thank you for your prayers and cheerleading and general sweet, encouraging words. I really do have the best blog community in the world, you know that?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

14 comments:

mere said...

Well, you could always recover the sofa...Just kidding!

Go outside and dance in the moon light?

Check your e-mail... I'm going to send a PDF of something hubby made for me...It might be helpful, or not.

Still praying for you!
mere

Janet said...

Thinking of you and praying!!

Can't wait to hear the exciting news!

Needleroozer said...

We are thinking of you. The kids think they should get to stay up till you have Heinie, lol. I told them that was a good try but no dice.

Don't hesitate to call if you need an ear- I wish I could get past this no sleep thing, but at least I get caught up on blogging when I am awake at 2 am.

Hugs,
LB

Jules said...

Oh yay!! It's almost time to meet your new little one!!

Sending you lots of prayers for a speedy and healthy delivery! :)

Staci Eastin said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. You've been in my prayers throughout the day.

Stephanie not in TX said...

I like the long ones. They're long, but they're easier (at least, mine was, and that's what I'm hoping for you)!

Funny, you wouldn't think an Aries baby would be a procrastinator ;-)

I hope you're doing well, and can't wait to see the baby!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Sometime when you're wishing you could just up and have this baby...you could while away a few minutes by sending me your address. I'd like to send a small gift for the new wee one. Not expensive, just hand-made. You'll like it, I promise. :)

L said...

Go, Dy, Go!

Thinking of you...

Lynne

Melora said...

I hope the cookies & movie were good! You are in my prayers!

Jenni said...

Wow! Miss a few days of your blog and you really miss a lot. I'm praying for the delivery to go swiftly and perfectly. I can't wait to see the pictures of this completed project!

Mom2legomaniacs said...

YAH baby!!!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear that the new one has arrived safely.
Baby: push off the top and head for the light, okay!

Sweetie, I'll be praying for you.
melissa

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers, my dear!

hugs,
dawn

Anonymous said...

Go, or rather, come-on, BABY!

Can't wait to hear the good news.

And happy Easter!

Patty

Meliss said...

Keeping you in prayer here!