Sunday, March 23

Guess What the Easter Bunny Brought?

No, not a baby. (Though that would've been rather handy.) He brought baskets for the kids and contractions for Mommy! Big, ugly, healthy ones. (The contractions, not the baskets. The baskets are actually rather pretty.) YAY! Looks like we'll be having an Easter baby.

I'm pretty sure I jinxed the past three days by showering, doing my hair and makeup, and putting on shoes. Yup. Got up this morning, look like death warmed over, and of course that's the day to take a million photographs for posterity: "our haggard mother". It'll be a lovely album. Hmpf.

Have to share a funny, and then I'm going to go crawl under the bed and wait to see if there's another bunny lurking somewhere who'll bring us the baby, or I'm going to have to actually work for it.

I got up this morning around two with massive heartburn. Made the normal third-trimester laps (bathroom, kitchen, bathroom, back to bed), grabbed my papaya tablets and set the pillows up so I could recline a bit. I fell asleep sucking on papaya tablets, and had the strangest dream. I dreamt I was holding one of the kids' plastic cups and there were jelly beans in it. But I couldn't get them out because the cup had a lid on it. But that cup doesn't have a lid. The discrepancy woke me up, only for me to realize it wasn't a cup, it was the bottle of tablets I was holding and trying to get into. And yes, the lid was on.

I never did get my jelly beans. Maybe the kids will share with me later?

Hopefully the next time I blog, it'll be with an actual baby and an actual name for the baby!

Kiss those babies! And have a blessed Easter!
~Dy

19 comments:

mere said...

What a joyous Easter you will have!

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see that little boy!

Looks like we will share two b-days!

Too many exclamation marks!

mere

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Oh joy! Happy Easter!
melissa

Amy said...

Happy and excited prayers here that you'll end up with a little jelly bean after all!

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Praying for a safe, easy delivery Dy.
Karen

Jennie C. said...

Oh, God bless you, Dy! I've been praying for you all morning, remembered you at Mass, and hurried home just to find out how you are doing. :-) Good luck!

Janet said...

I'll be praying Dy! Can't wait to hear the exciting news.

Happy Easter.

Amy said...

Just checking in... praying that all is well and you're holding your sweet baby by now!

Anonymous said...

Oooo exciting! Happy Easter!
Amy/ The Foil Hat

andie said...

Just remember...before midnight. The MIL and all that. ((()))s

Melora said...

Happy Easter, Dy!
I'm so glad you finally skipped the shower & makeup so this baby can be born! I've been checking your blog 20 times a day to see how things are going, and that cuts into my schedule!
So, you Aren't naming the baby Heinrich Now I can admit that it Was going to take some getting used to!
Best wishes for a fast, easy delivery! And a very happy Easter!

Staci Eastin said...

I bet you're really sorry you said you were hoping the baby would hold off until Friday.

Happy Easter. You'll be in my prayers today.

Anniesue said...

You are in our prayers and thoughts! We are praying for an easy and safe delivery! You may get the sweetest Easter treat of all!!!

Jules said...

Wahoo!!! Praying for a healthy delivery.

What a great day to be born! Samantha turns ten today, so I'm a little partial to the 23rd. :)

Can't wait to meet the little one!

Needleroozer said...

Squeal!! Notice I haven't called you today, lol. It has been hard, lol.
Love you all- can't wait to hear the details!
Hugs and best wishes for a safe swift journey for baby J. Hey- what about Jay? LOL, but it could work.
LB

melissa said...

Happy Easter Dy, Charles,James,John,Jacob,Em! Can't wait to hear the big news! We are so excited for you and wishing you a fast and safe arrival of the newest addition to one of our most favorite families. We were thinking of you all today when the family got together for Easter dinner!Were your ears burning?? Cause we were talking about you guys!

Bob and Claire said...

Easter would be such a special day on which to be born!!! I'm praying for strength for you right now, and more big, strong, healthy contractions. How exciting! I can't wait for your next post!

Amber said...

Happy Easter, Dy! I hope you do get to have an Easter baby and all goes well! :-)

Heidicrafts said...

Continued good thoughts for a smooth birth for the wee one.

How did the ball games go?

Bridget said...

Pulling for you here and the "Easter Baby". Happy Easter to you and your family.