Wednesday, March 19

And So It Begins...

Well, folks, it looks like we'll have a new "finished project" to blog sometime this weekend. I was sure hoping to hold out 'til Friday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. (Part of me thinks it would be really nice, because there is still SO MUCH TO DO, but the cramping and the ache in my back has me thinking we really need to hurry this up and get it over with! Yeouch, I. Am. Such. A. Wuss.)

Fortunately, we slogged through the Health Department's self-perpetuating onslaught and got our Verification of Pregnancy affidavit this afternoon (required to obtain a birth certificate in the State of Alabama). Hopefully, we won't have much trouble getting a birth certificate or SS# this time around! But man, oh, man, getting out of there without signing up for WIC, Medicaid, Food Stamps... I don't know how many times I had to repeat, "No, we just want a verification of pregnancy letter. That is all I want, and I only want that because of this state's legislation. We neither qualify for, nor desire, enrollment in any of these programs, thank you." James beat me to the punch and said it for me at one point. He was respectful to the nurse, but I think he was surprised by how incredibly pushy they were down there. (Although probably not as surprised as every employee there, who kept up the sales pitch and simply couldn't understand *why* we wouldn't want to sign up for their "free" services.) The funniest part was that they actually made me take a u/a to verify pregnancy. The most exhausting part was that it took an HOUR to get out of there.

We stopped at Sonic and bought three bags of ice. I don't have to leave the house for a week, now! WOOHOO!

We bought groceries for Easter supper (which, if you're planning to come, will be prepared entirely by Zorak this year - thankfully, he loves to cook, and he's good at it!) And my sweet Zorak asked me to pick up some Anaheim chiles and jack cheese. Guess who's gettin' rellenos again! SCORE! I feel so LOVED! (I am so loved.)

Meanwhile, Zorak's been doing a little nesting of his own. The fence pickets are all up now, and it looks spectacular. All we're missing is the front gate and the stain. Talk about exciting stuff!

I'm gonna go beg one last back rub and lay down for a bit. As much as I'd love to blog this, I'm really hoping and praying we aren't looking at another two and a half day labor! (Not that I don't love y'all, but a girl can only take so much of this stuff. *grin*) However, I'll check in later, anyway.

Can't wait to kiss my baby!
~Dy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts :) Here's to a fast, easy labor!

mere said...

Woo HOO! Come on Heiny, you know you want to meet your family!

Try to rest and save your strength for later, Dy. My prayers are with you, that this will be a piece of cake, and not take too long. Oh, and a safe birth and healthy baby, too!

Seriously excited for you!

mere

Staci Eastin said...

I'll be praying for you and the baby (and your family). Hope your labor goes quickly and easily!

Amber said...

Yippee!! I'll be praying for you! I hope you're able to get some rest and I really, really hope things go smoothly and quickly for you and the little one.

(And that is amazing about the affidavit thing & the whole "comon' become a ward of the nanny state" Sheesh! Nice timing though on getting the affidavit... LOL)

Fe said...

I'll add my wishes for a safe birth and healthy baby (and a not _too_ protracted labour:-) ).

Have a safe and joyous Easter—cocooned with your (increased!) family:-)

Anne said...

Jennie sent me over way back when you announced this pregnancy, and I've been reading ever since! Prayers for a safe delivery. How exciting! Can't wait to meet the new little one...and just in time for Easter, too!

Jennie C. said...

two and a half days! my goodness!

Here's hoping it goes much, much quicker this time around. :-)

melissa said...

Oh Dy, I'll be praying for you. Can't wait till you have that little bundle in your arms. Many, many thoughts and prayers headed your way!

momanna98 said...

OOOO!!!!! How exciting!!!!!! Yiippppeeeee!!!! I'll be there for Easter just to see the new baby! (and enjoy your warm weather.... ) ;-) Were you really due already?

Anonymous said...

Oh Dy, I am praying for you!

Mom2legomaniacs said...

I will be there for those Rellenos! Add me to the list, okay?
Sending a virtual back rub your way, dear. I'll even come down to give you some during labor if you need.

I totally relied on back rub/pressure during 2nd birth. Had DH on one side and doula on the other pressing with all their might. And it still hurt like the dickens.
melissa

Anonymous said...

Verification of Pregnancy? You had me snickering at that. "No, I always carry around 20 pounds of wet cement."

Here's to an easy and quick labor and a healthy mom and baby.