Thursday, March 20

GAH!

Well, I slept soundly enough, for which I am thankful. But this morning, things are... still moving... slowly...

This could end up being an irritating few days. At least on my end. ;-) Zorak is home, and that is a great comfort to me. Not that I worry about suddenly being disabled by pitocin-like contractions, stuck at the barn or under a persimmon tree. He's just comforting and soothing to me, and makes me feel that, no matter what comes (or how long it takes...) it'll be okay.

Our pear tree is in bloom. So are two other unidentified fruit-ish looking trees. We found the other apple tree, which doesn't look as degenrate as the first one, and Zorak says he remembers picking an apple from it the first time we looked at the Forever Home. Too bad we couldn't find it back when we were pruning, but maybe it's not too late to nudge it along this year?

I'm going go hike the property and take pictures. Maybe that'll move things along? And if not, we can play a few more rounds of Lazy Man's Plant Identification Guide! (I love playing that - you all are so helpful and share such interesting tidbits!)

At least it's not dull to be in labor in the springtime in the South!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

13 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Hang in there Mama, and come on out Baby!Come on, little one- I cannot wait to hold you and love you and smell your head in a few weeks, so come on out so we can *ALL* can love you up-especially your Mama. It would mean a lot to her to hold you today after all the work she has done to keep you healthy and safe. This world is a weirdly wonderful place, come join us in the adventure!
Hugs to Zorak and the crew,
LB

mere said...

So are you having any contractions? Anything?

Castor oil cocktail, anyone?

I bet it will sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. You probably don't even want to think of it happening that slowly, though. It's just a hunch.

Happy Laboring!
mere

Staci Eastin said...

I'm glad you have pretty weather to walk around in.

Amy said...

Good Grief! I leave the computer to watch a long movie with Bud (The Last Emperor) and look what happens! That'll teach me.

I'm praying here, Dy. Quick, easy, painfree, beautiful and healthy!

I can't wait to meet your new one!

melissa said...

Ah- can't ever plan these things can we? Hey I'm up for some plant ID if it comes to that! Praying for you today.

Melora said...

I hope the hike moves things along! Glad Zorak's home! I'm glad you are keeping us posted!

Jennie C. said...

Hi, Dy! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you, even if I don't have anything really to say. :-) Thinking and praying and hoping you welcome that little baby soon!

Laura said...

I'm praying for you, too! I didn't know you were in labor already. How about a Title only post for dummies like me - something along the lines of: IN LABOR! PRAY NOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I very rarely comment, I think the last time was when Emily was born! Anyway, I had to stop by and say hey because, guess who I saw on the street today?! F. Murray Abraham! I'm not kidding. I live in NYC and he's in a show (along with Mark Lynn Baker from Perfect Strangers) playing down the street from my apt. Too funny. He was walking into the theatre, I was walking to the subway. My first thought was of you guys!
Hope all is well. My thoughts and prayers are with you this weekend.
Best,
Ryan Carlton aka RyGirl

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I bet your body listened to your subconscious "Friday, wait until Friday" mantra and decided to do so. :) Hang in there - prodromal labor is not fun but it WILL end!

Tamra said...

Good luck to you Dy! I'm excited for you!!! I'm pregnant too, and due in May with my first bio baby girl!

Rebel said...

Woo Hoo! Come on baby! You can do it! (Picture me with pom poms and jumping around.)

I told my hubby today that you were in labor and that I had been reading your blog through three pregnancies and now three births. At some point, I'm going to have to meet you and Jess in person. (She's closer though.)

Bob and Claire said...

Oh, I'm praying here, and I'll be nervously checking your blog a bazillion times from now until . . well, until a big announcement is made, I guess! You're almost there!!!!