Friday, March 28

About that hat!

Emily asked where we found the beautiful little hat Jason's wearing in the pictures. I'm so glad you asked, because I want to just gush and gush about this little hat! It's actually a set: hat and booties. They were a gift. Now, I know the rule is not to knit things for non-knitters, because they seldom appreciate what goes into knitting a garment. I promise you I am the exception to the rule: I am a non-knitter because I've tried. I know *exactly* what goes into it, and also that I am supremely incapable of knitting anything other than what essentially amounts to a yarn-based "anxiety read out". (Oh, here she was stressed, and here's where she got sleepy, and oh, boy, something made her mad, here - it's nearly waterproof for four inches!)

So, this beautiful gift was given to BabyJ from the incredibly talented Miss KathyJo, who can put up with goats, raise chickens, pop out exquisitely beautiful children (and photographs of said children), write up Latin answer books, make me laugh no matter how crappy my day has been, and, as you can see here... knit cool baby stuff!


The hat is so sweet, and so soft, but what really makes me act like I've got some kind of fetish is these booties. Oh. My. Word. Are they not the cutest, sweetest, most beautiful little things in the world? Only baby feet would be worthy of such beautiful little coverings, don't you think?
Oh, they just make me smile, smile, smile. My plan is to find her weakness and bribe her with it for the Next Size Up, in perpetuity. Basically until one of my kids figures out how to knit, or KathyJo gives up and tells me to take a hike.

I got a pair of socks, too, but have yet to either remove them from my feet longer than it takes to wash them and get them back on, or at least prop my feet up somewhere with good lighting so I can take a picture. They're fantastic. They're way too nice to put on my big ol' land yachts. Pearls before swine, I tell you, but I'm not giving them up.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Thanks for the baby picture. He's adorable! That set is gorgeous! I love the yarn for it. I was wondering where you got them.

So sweet!
melissa

Amy said...

Those are so cute, Kathy Jo is a talented woman (I know firsthand!).

But, that baby. Oh my word. My stars. He is beautiful. Go kiss him for me!

Needleroozer said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I just love those tiny sweet baby feet! I cannot wait to kiss those toes. The booties are just gorgeous!! Way to go, Kathy Jo.

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Gah, Dy. I just popped in to see how things were at Puke Central. I did NOT expect a post to make me blush. :}

They fit! :D

Dy said...

KathyJo, I didn't even get started on all your wonderful qualities, believe me. :-) They do fit beautifully, and we love them. The only problem I'm having is that when he's wearing them, the boys won't leave his feet alone! :-D

Dy

H said...

KathyJo! Will you share your pattern for there?

Most of the patterns I've seen make the booties floppy and loose!

Meliss said...

Kathy Jo is so talented! What a lovely gift...and such a cute little model!