Wednesday, September 13

A Rainy Day

Yes, we set the books on the balcony to dry out, and it rained. What can you do besides laugh? Well, and bring the even-more-damp books back into the house?

Monday night was rough. Balto was a bit freaked out and spent the night warning us that there was something on the property. It wasn't anything, but his bark had the very definite tone of a "HEY, you don't belong here" bark, and so we kept checking it out. Until around three thirty, when we just stopped caring if someone was out there. Really, if someone wants whatever's in the barn, and wants it badly enough to come at three thirty in the morning, he can have it.

But today, the rain brought cooler temperatures, gentle breezes. It was a good day. It was a warm breakfast and good story day. A day for playing on the floor with the children, lying prone to do my studies while Smidge sat atop my back and "fished" into the sea of carpet. It was a day for studies and cake for lunch and made up jokes. I love these days.

Autumn is coming! Autumn is coming! Autumn is coming! I know we need a season of light and heat and growth. I appreciate that. But I'm of the opinion that summer just takes itself way too seriously when it gets soooo hot and sooo sticky. Really, now, is any temperature over 100' necessary? 90, even? No. And so, we have made it through another summer and now we veer into the beautiful, beautiful fall months. Mmmm, yes.

And I fell asleep before posting this last night, so I'm just going to leave it as is and post this morning. But boy, did a good night's sleep do wonders for this dragging mama!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Heather said...

Some days I hate this thing. I'm trying to post again. Sigh.

So I have a sweater and I hear you yelling about autumn. So I'm thinking you two need to get together. Dare I mention that it is a NURSING sweater. I know, you are weak in the knees. You are going to have to email me though. Do you remember how to do that? Do you remember my email addy??

Heather, you know your favorite Utahan...

Becca said...

I LOVE autumn too. Whenever I feel that subtle shift in the weather i just want to go get out my comfiest sweaters and drink apple cider. Love it!

J-Lynn said...

We are loving these Fall days as well. Tomorrow we plan to spend a luxorious day doing nothing at all at the park. I hope to go early, do some school, then just chit chat with the ladies for hours on end while the kids discover and explore more than how quickly you dehydrate in 110 degree heat. ;-) I used to mock you when you said Fall was your favorite season remember? Now I've joined your choir! ;-)

HUGS!

Laura said...

We got that rain, too. What a blessing! And since I didn't have books outside, I really enjoyed it :) !

ang said...

Hi Dy,

Atleast you know you have a good watch dog, even if he does bark at nothing. Can you imagine how he will act if something really is out there! :) Im really looking forward to fall too, even though i am plagued with allergies :( I already have fake pumpkins and cute scarecrwo dolls decorated in my dinning room.lol