Thursday, July 6

What a great feeling!

We actually got the house down to 72' yesterday evening. While that was a bit too chilly, even for us, it felt good to do it, anyway. The inside of the Forever Home is now a climate-controlled 79', and the difference is amazing. Not just the temperature, but the humidity! Our new little condensate pump is earning its keep pretty pronto! Yay!

The boys set off fireworks in the front yard with Zorak and Mr. Ward (boys and big boys, I suppose - something about noise and fire that speaks to the very heart of many generations of men). Granny kept to the living room with Miss Emily and Balto - both of whom were none too thrilled with the noises, lights, and smells of fireworks. (Melora, I think Balto would've loved to have had some of Bo's stash of nerve-calming goodies! Poor nervous little thing.) I took some pictures, but mostly just wandered into the house... ahhh... back out onto the porch... back into the house... ahhhhh... back out... in... ahhh... I think I walked twelve miles last night. And you know, it felt wonderful to come inside every. single. time.

Today, we've all had more energy than we've had in ages. The house has been tidied, meals prepared and eaten, wash done (and dried! woohoo!), and yet nobody's coated in a salty, dried-sweat crust. Miss Emily's hair, what little she has, is quite pretty when it isn't encapsulated in sweat beads. It's actually fluffy! Mr. Ward keeps teasing me that now I'll be getting all uppity, since I have a washer and a/c. Admittedly, I do feel pretty darned spoiled, but I figure I'll whip up a tasty supper tonight and a cool, homestyle dessert to quell any rumors right away. *grin*

That means I, erm, need to go buy some meat at the market, and um... yeah. Better get on that!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very, very, wonderful for you! May the blessed A/C work unfailingly for you for many, many, years. I said a nice long "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" for you as I read your post.

Have a great visit with your company and a wonderful weekend!

mere

Melora said...

Hooray for A/C!! When you don't have it for a while, you really do appreciate what an incredibly wonderful invention it was. 72 degrees is a bit nippy for me, but I would feel virtuously frugal keeping my house at 79.
At least Balto can feel grateful that the Fourth only comes only once a year (assuming the boys used up their entire supply of explosives, of course).

Amy said...

That's great news! Enjoy your modern conveniences!

Donna Boucher said...

No wonder the Mexicans have a siesta in the middle of the hot afternoons. Those hot temps sap all of the energy right out of ya!

Hooray for AC!

Emily said...

Cheers to a/c!! Enjoy your cool, dry air.

~Em