Monday, July 10

Welcome to the Family

This Sunday, Miss Emily was brought into the covenant family. Pastor didn't pour water three times over her, as was done with the other boys. Just once in this ceremony. When I mentioned this at supper, my brother-in-law (father of two wonderful girls, himself) said that's because boys need the extra washing. ;-)

We did a quick scramble to get all the ends tied up nice and quick so that she could be baptized while her namesake could attend. (Can you tell they're enjoying one another?)
And here she is with her GodPapa, Mr. Ward.

The boys were proud to be there, and we had a heck of a time keeping everyone facing somewhat forward for pictures. I'll have to edit some, as our neices are in most of them and I don't have their Mama's permission to post their images. However, here's a cute one of Miss Em and Her Guys. (Note how both boys made sure they are touching her. That's our pastor, holding Emily.)

We're having a lovely visit, and got some great pictures to share, but the computer is still in the guest room and that means there's no two AM blogging. It's way too busy to blog during the day (right now my online banking isn't working, so I'm goofing off on allotted time *grin*), but am thinking of y'all and hoping everyone is having a Very Nice Summer Week.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

12 comments:

Kim said...

Boy, it doesn't take a genius to see that your kids are related! They definitely look like they're from the same family.

What a great picture!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely rite of passage! Emily is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Rebel
www.mindspring.com/~rebel_hart

Bethany said...

Beautiful pictures. She looks sooo sweet!

Bethany :)

Anonymous said...

:) I snuck over here when my banking stuff froze up.

Great pictures - I can't believe how big Emily is getting!

Needleroozer said...

What a sweet baby girl she is! And she is getting so very big! Great pictures!
LB

Dy said...

Thank you, guys. It was a nice morning. And they are starting to look more closely related, aren't they? There was a time that Smidge was the only visible connection between James and John! :-D

Gretchen, I think the difference is just a matter of personal habit, perhaps, as to why she only got one dose of water. Or perhaps he didn't want her dress to get too wet. She was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, though - so, one handful of water or a thorough dunking, doesn't really matter to me! However, that wasn't the pastor's comment (he has five boys and a girl and I can't see him saying anything like that, ever) - it was my brother in law's comment. He has two beautifully behaved, meekly spirited daughters and has only his own, hell-raising adolescence to compare to. With that as the control group, I can see how he'd come up with that idea, though. *grin*

Dy

Patty in WA or Rover said...

What a cutie! She must be a camera fiend...mine is like that...and it makes pics so much easier to take.

J-Lynn said...

OK, I'll be the heathen and say it. I may have DR. Hottie but man, you have Pastor Hottie! LOL

She looks beautiful and it's so nice to see so many pics!

Hugs,
Jess

Melora said...

Gorgeous pictures! Beautiful smiles run in the family, I see!

Baptisms are such happy days, and it sounds as if you have a wonderful church family.

Anniesue said...

The pictures are so great. What a precious family! You really are blessed...but I don't think you need me to tell you!

Needleroozer said...

Jess,
You had me spluttering over Pastor Hottie! LOL!
LB

Bob and Claire said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures! I had to laugh at how your boys had to be touching her--that's usually how pictures around here are now too. On the plus side, everyone is always so crowded together that we always fit into the picture nicely! : )