Sunday, July 16

And now, it is quiet...

I've got lesson plans set for the morning, then we'll break for some play and exploration time. When it gets hot out, we'll come in and pay homage to this:


The late morning is targeted for a thorough cleaning and sorting on the house. I'm tempted to do something like this:

But we've worked so hard, that it seems a bit rash. *grin* So, instead we'll just put things back in order and get moving again. Ward's bedroom needs texturing and priming, the cabinets need to be put back in order, and that poor little linen closet is patiently awaiting a final coat of paint. Should be a productive day, in all.

Oh, we should probably work on the deck, too...

Ignoring the paneling along the rail (the posts are too far apart to prevent certain toddlers from attempting an aerial assault on the drive below), that limb just didn't do the deck any favors when it performed a triple-axle with a half twist from the top of a tree. I think that's the next project, hopefully this weekend. But it could use some cleaning and prep work first.

Granny and the rest of the gang headed out this morning. They left shortly after the children and I left for church. That seemed to soften the blow a bit for the boys - all the hugs and kisses were shared, and then, before anyone had a chance to really start crying, it was hustle-hustle-hustle into the Suburban and off to Sunday School, which is always a treat. By the time we returned home, there was lunch to be made, adventures to be had, and a trip into town to see friends.

Now, it's quiet. A slightly lonely quiet, but honestly, I think I'm ready. A little routine. A little normalcy. Vacation is wonderful, but I don't think I have the energy to live on Vacation Time all the time. The boys were in bed by nine-fifteen and out cold by nine-thirty, a full hour and a half earlier than any night the last two weeks. Funny how they didn't fight it, either. I think they had a glorious time, but don't think they'll fret much over getting back to our Normal Time. (I misplaced the camera the last few days of the trip, so no photos until somebody takes pity on me and uploads from their cameras.)

And on that note, it's time to hit the hay. Sunup will come far too early, but I've got to get a jump start on the morning before the boys are up!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

SnowWhite said...

Another rono loving family, we have just finished one and are about to start our next , so I know how you feel lol. Hope it all goes well.

Melora said...

I'm with you on enjoying getting back to normal life after vacations/company/moving! Love that pic of James & the limb, but at first glance I thought he also had fallen through the wood.

BTW, you just about killed me with that link to all those beautiful, affordable houses after you blogged about how Alabama is crawling with ticks and hookworms! I had our route for tomorrow's trip plotted straight up the east coast of Florida and Georgia, then to NC, and now I have four very interesting houses I'd like to look at in Fort Payne, Arab, and Bloutsville! (Just kidding, of course, because I really do appreciate the information!) Do I remember correctly that you once said that to hs in Alabama, you need to be under an umbrella school?

Amber said...

There is something rather nice about getting back to the old routines, no matter how delightful and entertaining one's vacation was, isn't there. I'm glad it was such a nice visit for everyone and that the parting wasn't too traumatic.

And now I bet you have a lot of blog reading to catch up on! ;-)

Dy said...

Oh, Amber, I have a TON of catching up to do! :-) Is there a faster connection than the one I have? lol.

Melora, if it helps, the boys haven't had a tick since they started taking garlic tablets. Balto hasn't had a tick since he started taking frontline. And the hookworms, well, I think Smidge is the only one who's at risk for those - the kid is a natural born hillbilly and refuses to keep those shoes on! (But the vet did say the worms can't survive long in a human host... does that help?) I hope you're having a fantastic trip! Thinking of and praying for you!

Dy