Thursday, July 27

We Have A Four Bedroom Home!

It's official! As of tonight, all four bedrooms are fully functional and in use! It feels very good to stand on the front porch and peer into the guest room - all the way through to the bathroom (mmm, might want to get on it and install some curtains, there) - and it's all pretty paint and nice light fixtures! It feels somewhat unreal to walk the length of the hall and see that every room, save the stairwell to the basement, has been renovated. Just wait 'til they all have doors! he he

We now have, in no particular order, The Big Boys' room, for James and John and all the little, intricate things they've come to enjoy; The Master Bedroom, also known as Our Hidey Hole; The Nursery, for Smidge and Miss Emily - Smidge is currently passed out in there with a goofy grin on his face and a pile of his favorite books on the shelf beside his bed; The Guest Room, with a real guest bed and a full bookshelf.

The Master Bedroom, without the crib crammed into it, looks like a decent-sized room once again. It's going to take me three months to stop inching sideways along the length on my side of the bed!

The Boys' room looks downright spacious with the other child and a half out of there. Or rather, the stuff of a child and a half. The other half of Miss Emily's things still have that dejected, misplaced child-in-transit thing going over in our room.

Give me the weekend to get everything shifted around and presentable and I'll post pictures. :-)

Granted, we're still a one-bath household, but that'll come. Oh yes, that will come. Which reminds me, I need to go request the new IKEA catalog.

What FUN!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Brandie said...

Woo-hoo! Enjoy the new rooms and more space! =)

Anniesue said...

What a great feeling! I am just amazed at all that you've done! Can't wait to see pictures.

Emily said...

As a crazy pregnant person who has been fighting with builders all day, I am absolutely GREEN with envy! Congratulations!!

The fam & I made a trek to IKEA on Monday. The new catalog comes out August 1st :)
~Em

Donna Boucher said...

Hooray for you! Four bedrooms sounds like perfection :o)

Melora said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing those pics!
Today was another day of futile, apparently hopeless house hunting, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your positive, "appreciate the good things" blog (not that you aren't entitled to the occasional moan, but I was pretty sure I could "pop in" at your place for an uplifting read).

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, we got a new IKEA about half an hour away, it's our new date night! We have a new TV table and shelves in the basement family room -- did you know that you can't really hang shelves from a wall that's only attached to lathes instead of studs unless you're REALLY sure where the lathes are? Anyway, second try, they've stayed hung for a couple of hours now, lol! Yes, I still need to post pictures, but now the battery charger for my camera batteries is lost. Sigh. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm so glad your place is coming along so well -- you've gotten your whole house done in less time than our basement and bathroom!