Monday, January 31

Weekend Hodgepodge

Did I spell that right?

Anyway, the weekend update goes something like this:

Saturday: wonderful day with the boys, cold-cold weather, embarrassing shopping trip for jeans for me while the guys stocked up on goods at BJ's. Love the new jeans! Zorak loves the new jeans. Gotta get another pair o' them thar jeans! Went for drinks w/ Zorak's co-workers- lovely folks, had a great time- then to the concert. Wasn't sure how that would be: totally worth the price! WOWSA! If you have the opportunity to hear The Iguanas play (they're out of New Orleans), RUN- don't walk- RUN to go see them. If you like John Hyatt, or Robert Earl Keen, but particularly if you are a fan of Flaco Jimenez' accordian playing (NOT to be confused w/ Weird Al's accordian playing... completely different levels of quality here!) you will love these guys! I danced a Corrida* like nobody's business -- right in the aisle! It was heavenly!

Sunday: did I mention it's cold? OK, just checking. Ice storm, followed by snow storm, topped off with more ice. The trees are gorgeous! A bit bowed under the weight of the ice, but just beautiful anyway. Revamped the family room (which has been un-usable since the Halloween Costume Fiasco er, Event) and enjoyed playing with the boys most of the day. Just fun!

Shouldn't have mentioned having to pull out the scarf. I had about 18" of scarf made when I realized it was far too wide to pull this off with one skein of yarn. (Yes, quite wide, I know.) SO, James got to pull it all out. He was sad to see his scarf disappear, but was thoroughly awed by the size of the ball it made! The scarf is now a manageable width and is back up to around 4" long. It may be done by Easter.

HOUSE-NEWS!!
We are going to an auction this week to check out the home auction scene. There is a lot to learn, but it's an avenue we haven't pursued yet, so it's worth taking a look. My prayer is the same one I've been praying (maybe it's time to switch tactics?): if we are meant to stay, then the right home (ie- one we can afford without needing our own live-in police officer) will come along. Mortgage guy said it's kind of like a crap shoot, but that he can get us financing regardless and wished us luck. (Gotta love a lender with a sense of the absurd!)

Everyone is healthy. Everyone is cold. I love flannel. I love wool. Rah! Rah! Rah!

Alrighty, and on that note, I am going to go tuck the covers over my babies, kiss their little noggins and curl up for a short winter's nap.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

* The dance, not the bullfight. You know, just for clarification.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I just discovered Robert Earl Keen and love him!I'll have to check out The Iguanas.

Sheila said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the house situation. We thought about selling ours and finding a bigger one until we found out we couldn't afford to buy our house anymore. Hee, hee, hee...good thing we already have it.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me. Sorry about that! Fittsy

Anonymous said...

DOn't mean to post anonymously. My name is Nerni and we seem to read a lot of the same blogs and I love yours. I do not have a blog, though our mutual web friend Joyce in CA keeps prodding. I have a question about Plants Grow Up. Could you e-mail me so I can ask you some questions and not take up your blog space?
Thanks Nerni
Nerni@verizon.net

J-Lynn said...

Oh Dy, my first scarf for my g'ma was SO wide I seriously contemplating making it a dickie instead...LOL Hugs, it's so EASY to do!