Monday, January 10

Slipping in just one quick blog!

Well, the rest of the day turned out so nicely. The boys opted to recreate the story of Theseus and the Minotaur before we moved on to the re-civilization of Greece. Smidge thought it was hilarious. I narrowly escaped being made to play the Minotaur. It was good stuff.

The evening brought a chill to the air, so clam chowder and homemade wheat-free hush puppies were the order of the day for supper. That hit the spot all around.

While Zorak and I fixed supper, the boys played upstairs. At one point, Zorak went up to check on them (playing happily, engrossed in pirate ships and gears). He asked John if his pirates are the ones that don't do anything. John said, "No, these are the pirates that do anything."

From around the corner, James piped up, "You mean they just go around randomly doing things?"

Zorak just about fell over laughing.

Life is good, isn't it?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Dy! Just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you. I hope you're doing well. I'm shamed by your reading list. Mushbrain - I've got it.

Anyhoo, a virus got me, so I'm borrowing Bud's computer to say hello. I'll be back blogging sometime soon - I hope - with a fresh, clean hard drive.

Take care of yourself!

Love,
Good Soil Amy

Kim said...

LOL! I love it when little kids use big words!

My husband was reading your blog with me, chuckling, and would like to know where Zorak got his name. He would like a neat name like that!