Saturday, January 22

Photos for Y'all

Photos for y'all tonight. Photobucket has added this very nifty "Blog 'Em" feature, and aside from the fact that I truly appreciate any business that will actually use the word, "'Em", I also happen to appreciate this particular added feature! Go Photobucket!



This first picture is a milestone in several ways. It is our first attempt at using the timer feature on our new camera. (Notice the somewhat harried expression on my face- I was the fortunate soul chosen to run across the snow and ice in less than the alloted ten seconds. The camera is so far away because Zorak's "little brother" is six foot nine! We had to back waaayyyyy up!) It is also the first known photo of the Little Brother and his future Little Woman as an engaged couple! (We are so excited! He picked a good 'un!) It is also the first photo in a while that James isn't making an exceptionally estranged face... (we don't know who he's talking to, either...)



These folks are, from L-R Zorak (strangling? John, in the blue), Me (gasping for air), James (in red, talking to the camera) Zorak's Mom (AKA- GRANNY!), Jacob (talking to GRANNY!) and being held by Uncle L, and The-Future-Aunt-M.  
Hosted by Photobucket.com



This next one would be James, making his regularly scheduled photo expressions. We fought this for a year and finally realized someday he won't be a goofy little boy anymore and we will cherish these expressions so very much. Thankfully, he's given us plenty to cherish. :-)

Hosted by Photobucket.com



Smidge and the run-away caramel spoon. He grabbed the spoon, headed out the kitchen door... and this is where he sat for half an hour, chewing on the rapidly cooling caramel and watching his socks freeze to the sidewalk. Tons of fun when you're one!

Hosted by Photobucket.com



Our son, Grace... I have no idea how this happened. As you can see by his expression, though, it didn't damped his enthusiasm one bit.

Hosted by Photobucket.com



OK, I also feel compelled to point out that we are playing in four or five inches of fresh snow and the boys are wearing only hooded sweatshirts for warmth. They are not waterproof. That is because in New Mexico, it's a "dry snow" (similar to the "dry heat" you hear so much about in Arizona...) It's just not that cold!



I will post photos of playing in the snow out here (if we get snow- right now we have two lovely inches of ice that seems to have escaped from a Sonic Drive-Thru. You know the kind- it looks exactly like that.) The attire is completely different. It's the strangest thing...



Kiss those babies, and enjoy their funny little ways!
~Dy

11 comments:

Linda said...

OH!!! I love, love, love it when you post photos. Absolutely precious. You have a beautiful family, Dy!

We're heading to see snow soon, too. The kids are so excited--it'll be their first time! :-)

Barbara said...

It may be time to see if we even *have* a timer feature on our camera -- I'd love a photo with dear husband AND me in it. Or I could hand the camera to Son2 (age 9) and see what he comes up with. Hmmm.... (wheels turning!)

When it snowed here in Oklahoma before Christmas -- wait, for us that was actually lots of sleet and freezing rain -- well, anyway, the kids thought it was hilarious to slip and fall down unexpectedly. Dear husband and I just shook our heads in wonderment.

Great photos, Dy!

Laney said...

Hi Dy!
Thanks so much for your encouraging comments on my blog. I love reading your blog, it always leaves me in stitches, you are so witty! I know everyone at WTM knows me as Elaine but all my life I have been Laney.(My mom is Elaine as well so Laney was the distinction)
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You are drop-dead gorgeous! No wonder your kids are so cute.

Wonderful to have a peek into your day, as usual.

Sarah

Heather said...

It is a good thing I've met you in person so many times, not sure that picture does your beautiful family justice. They are fun though!

Dry snow. Never really thought of that before. I guess that is why I only pull out my "coat" when the temps are in the high today of freezing or less. The rest of the time you just need a jacket.

XOXO

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures, Dy! Thanks for sharing.

I'm having "hair envy" again. You have beautiful hair. I always notice the hair of others since I've never cared for my own.

Anonymous said...

Patty in WA here--dittoing Sarah. Good grief. I spent 5 minutes looking at the photo trying to decide who looked "out of breath" or "harried". Nice try. You simply do not know how to begin.

I love the Smidge shot. Too funny. But they are all cool.

Di said...

I love the name Smidge, Dy! And, it is good to know there is someone else that likes eating rapidly cooling caramel (not to be confused with hot caramel or packaged up at the cafe counter caramel...which I like also.)

Beautiful family. Kim can have hair envy. I will do thigh envy.

Happy Sunday,
Diane

Dy said...

Thanks, guys.

*gag* OK, I'm not a "hottie" by any means, but even I know this isn't an A+ shot of myself! LOL! It's ok, though- everybody's eyes were open and nobody was mid-fall when the camera snapped. For me, that's a successful shot! (This would be a good indicator why I don't do professional photography! LOL)

Yes, Heather, believe me- wet snow/dry snow- world O' difference! 30' here is nothing like 30' there!

Yes, Diane, Smidge it is. He'll even answer to it! LOL! As if we haven't messed up the other two enough w/ Hoss and StinkMonkey, right?

Thanks for stopping by, guys! I'm always unsure what pics to post and what y'all wanted to see when you peek into our day. Thank you for your sweet words, though. :-)

Dy

Kate said...

Dy,
You are so young and lovely! What a great photo and it is really fun to put a face with the name and fantastic personality.

Warmly,
Kate

J-Lynn said...

I LOVE that picture of you Dy, you look beautiful and happy and just so free. I can't imagine you bowhunting, even after all these years, I just can't...LOL I lov eyour hair long btw...

Hugs,
Jess