Tuesday, January 25

I think we wore them out.

It is 8:50pm. My home has been silent for the last twenty minutes. All three children are out cold! Wow, that's refreshing, yet creepy.

We got out of the house today. It wasn't much of an adventure for folks who are normally mobile; for us as of late, it was sheer decadence! We had many things to do, but time being of the essence, we had to prioritize: oil change, groceries, library run.

Yeah, you know it -- we hit the library.

I cannot tell you what that has done for my mood, as well as for the boys' need to spread their little angelic wings and run like the wind. (Preferably somewhere that isn't iced over.) And no, we didn't run in the library, but going to and from, it was a heavenly free-for-all.

The boys have a fresh stack of library books piled snugly atop their pillows. We have a couple of great new read alouds.

James found Roald Dahl in the Juvenile Fiction corner of the library. He nearly wiped them out of everything they have. That was a wonderful chance to talk with him about the tens of thousands of other children in our county who probably love Roald Dahl, as well, and that there are only a limited number of books at the library. I was able to model this behavior by not checking out the remaining fifteen O'Brian books, myself. Sometimes it's hard to be a good role model. he he

John actually picked something from an area other than the dinosaur section! He got a book on spiders. (Yes, he's branching out!) Oh, and a book on airplanes. He proudly hauled his booty around the library, anxious to sit down and read for a while. He actually whined when it was time to leave. That's a hard hill to die on, really. I didn't want to leave, either, but for now the Smidge reigns on our timing for Public Activity, and he was done. So we came home and soaked our parched little minds in fresh books. Ahhhhhh.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Laney said...

Dy, I just read your wild mondays post and almost spewed hot cocoa! Your boys sound like my boys, fun and interesting!! I can not believe someone would comment inappropriatly about your babies, that should be grounds from disem-blog-ment or something. We did our library run yesterday, I also have a major dino lover in my brood. Have a great one!

Donna Boucher said...

You know what...with as much as Katie talks, when I put her in bed at night...I miss her in an hour or so.
When I go to bed at night I go in her room and talk to her until she talks back.

Life would be so dull without our babies!
Donna

Sheila said...

I understand that feeling. When my hubby is gone, I have all the boys sleep downstairs so they can be near me. The house gets so quiet that I can't sleep.
I hate it when they go to bed early because I feel like I've been robbed of time with them.

Linda said...

Oh, we LOVE library day!! Nothing like a fresh stack of books and COFFFEEEEEEEE! Right, Dy? ;-)

Donna, you do that too? I am always sneaking in to the kids rooms at night just to look at them sleeping. They are growing too quickly.

Patty in WA or Rover said...

Again, you just make me laugh and smile. I agree with what Donna said, although I cannot rank myself with her in the kind and patient categories. Sometimes I am just DONE at the end of the day. But don't you think God knew what he was doing when he made those kids look so darn innocent and sweet when they are asleep. It makes you ready for the next day...but still..you go to sleep!!! No reason to be hasty here.

Have a great week. You and the kids are adorable.