Friday, January 21

Cabin Fever

I figured it out! The grumpiness, the grouchiness, and the overall, "ARG-iness" of this week is probably due to a bad case of cabin fever! WOOHOO! I'm not losing my mind. Oh, the boys will be so relieved to hear that!

The older two boys are all healthy now. Smidge isn't getting any better. (But we're not giving up on him.) I need to find a new pediatrician, as we are currently without one. Our beloved ped was charged with child molestation a couple weeks ago. *sigh* That does make it a little awkward, ya know. Zorak is getting recommendations from the guys at work and we have to find a new one. In the meantime, Smidge is so tired and out of it that he has begun to look like Spicoli, which probably isn't good.

I steam cleaned our couch yesterday. That went well. Then I spot treated the carpets and... the carpet cleaner died. Ew! So right now, the living room reeks of a very strong chemical smell, and if you walk around in socks you'd think we're living with an angry cat.

However, there is hope on the horizon. Zorak is supposed to bring the Suburban to me in a little bit, so I can run all the errands that should have been run by Wednesday (at the latest!) And on Tuesday the temps are supposed to get above freezing at some point during the day! Yippee! We can sit on the porch and get some fresh air.

How do y'all combat cabin fever?

Kiss those babies! I'm off to snuggle my little sick monkey.
~Dy

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Oo.ooo.ooo..three words: indoor play place.
Besides McDonalds and Chick-fil-a, we are also blessed with a Chuck E. Cheese, an indoor fun zome at Putt-Putt and a cool new indoor inflatable place. (Those inflatable jumpers.) Those places are worth the money after a week of cold rain.

However, in moments of sheer desperation, we will just bundle up and head out into the back yard. I make a fire in the chiminea for the boys to warm up over.

Another option is getting together with a group in a church gymnasium. Then the kids can just run wild and be somewhat warm.

Good luck. It just got cold here and I know the trouble be brewing next week when ZooDad is gone again.

Patty in WA or Rover said...

If you can't go outside (too cold) or anywhere else (sick kid), it is most fustrating. One thing we have done is to get a little notebook and scurry around the house noticing things we have never noticed before. When we get to 50, we get a popsicle.

It's even more fun outside--"We can't go home until we find 50 new things!" It gets pretty desperate sometimes..."Look! That street grate is of a different make than the last one!"

Anonymous said...

Cabin fever? Cab---innnn Feeeverrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I have it too. :-( Luckily I'm getting out tomorrow. Hubby, the kids and I are all squishing into our car, and heading to Walmart, where we're going to meet my hubby's parents. Then, we're shopping! :-)

I actually get to shop for a few things for me too (it's been years). Hubby's mom is buying me some jeans for my birthday (it was on Tuesday).

Usual hubby notices when I get cabin fever, because I seem to get a "look" in my eyes. That's when he packs us (no, squishes us) into the car, and we go somewhere. :-D

-Candy
http://genuineprofit.lifewithchrist.org

Kim said...

We alleviated the cabin fever by actually going out couch shopping tonight. We told the kids if they could endure couch shopping, we'd take them out for supper. It was soooo cold! It's below freezing (Farenheit) so my feet have yet to defrost.

Hope all the little ones are well soon.

Anonymous said...

I try to get my kids outside every day that it gets into the 20s F, or sometimes, even the teens F for a little while and well dressed (come on, people SKI in those temps!!!) I also try to make sure that when we can't get outside they don't just sit around all day, but dance/exercise/move. I love the idea of the notebooks and noticing 50 things they've never noticed before that someone suggested.

Karin
http://karinkydland.blogspot.com