Saturday, November 6

Weird.

Wow, good sports! The answers to yesterday's pop quiz are... (drum roll, please)

1) B or C: we think it was the parmesan cheese, but it could have been the rice. There were bodies in both and the two specimen were side by side. *shudder*

2) F: Good Call! Yes, I bleached the counter, cabinets, walls, floor, and the sink. The tray sat in straight bleach overnight. Before we divested the tray of its contents, however, we did pluck a few critters and laid them out. James drew them and identified the parts 'n pieces. Great drawing.

As an aside, today I found the tweezers we'd used on the critters had not, in fact, been set in the bleach water, but rather nestled into the Silly Putty. We are now one silly putty egg short. *blech*

****

On a totally unrelated and irreverent note...
Have y'all been following Yassir Arafat's health situation? He's been in a coma... or has he???

I don't know, it may just be me, but I burst into a Monty Python skit when I read this. "This parrot is deceased... He's shuffled off his mortal coil!"

"No he's not. He's sleeping."

Or in this case, "He's not in a coma! He's sleeping!"

Yeah. Weird.

****

And evidently I'm far, far out of the loop. I'm actually glad to hear this, because this little tidbit is just nasty. I mean, when we were growing up, getting brained meant someone got the living snot beat out of them, particularly about the head. Not anymore, evidently. Oy.

Some clothing line (not gonna put the name out there- go read the article, though) used the newly coined slang term brain (meaning, well, oh for pete's sake- my grandmother could be reading this! Go read the article, but it's not a PG topic), evidently "intending the double-entendre", but not being wholly forthright with transportation authorities about the tone of the ads until one sly septagenarian dog figured it out. (OK, I'm kidding. He was tipped off.)

*Zorak adds: Wow, that's even too stupid for Beavis and Butthead! "He, he, you said 'brain'."*

****

Today we made ships! A viking ship, and a little square ship... thing. They look very cool. They're made of wood and have the cutest little masts! We'll shellac them tonight and the boys can float 'em tomorrow after church.

We also finally assembled, routed, stained and otherwise finished the stepstool we bought at IKEA (yeah, yeah, months ago, we know).

OK, I should, in all fairness, rephrase that. ZORAK AND THE BOYS did all those wonderful projects. I did wrestle with the boys, make flags, make plans for sails, and do plenty of laundry. I also sat on my duff and read Post Captain, which is book two. It's been a day of me muttering from the depths of the pages,
*gasp* NO! Oh dear. They DIDN'T! They DID! *hoot, holler, guffaw* I SO didn't see that coming! Ohhhh, or that! And, oh... NO, no, no, no. Ooo! Wow.
I appreciated the break, and enjoyed watching Zorak with our offspring. It's been a good day.

I hope your Saturday was thoroughly enjoyable!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Dy, you're such a good mom! You WRESTLE with your boys. I'm not very good at it, apparently, so my boys prefer dad to wrestle with.

I did have a nice saturday, however. Got lots of work done that needed doing, got to spend some time with a slobbery St. Bernard out in the woods, had a nice toasty fire, and spent two hours with hubby on the couch, just the two of us reading. It was nice.

Anonymous said...

Hey...*I'm* reading 'Post Captain', too! Stephanie in TX gets credit for piquing my interest about this series; it's been enjoyable so far, and I've chuckled out loud while reading this one...it's certainly started out well! (I'm only about a chapter into it)

Jill in OK