Saturday, November 13

A Quiet Saturday...

Yes, I know it's Friday. I didn't, however, know that until after noon today. *sigh* So, we had a lovely Saturday a day early and we get a bonus Saturday tomorrow! WOOHOO!

The boys helped make a great breakfast of yogurt, granola, fresh muffins and fruit. Yum.

Then we read, and played trains, and read some more.

They watched a movie. I spent some time on the computer. They built tunnels and caves in the dining room. Zorak slept in. Jacob ran about making faces at himself in all the windows.

Oh- I made a hat! It's a real, honest-to-goodness hat! Donna, you'd be proud! I even used a pretty, sparkly yarn. I owe a big thanks to some of the wonderful gals at the WTM boards for helping me work out the glitches to crocheting in rounds. It's a baby hat for one of my niece's twins (due relatively soon). I don't know which one- I guess whichever is born first gets the hat? (No, I will make two. I think I have a month or two yet.) Anyhow, the neat thing about crocheting a hat is that it goes fairly quickly, in three distinct stages:
1~ nasty little larval looking knot of yarn
2~ wee tiny yarmulke for fairy-sized folk
3~ *poof* it's a hat!
Very fun.
Now to finish Gram's Autumn *ahem* Christmas Lap Blanket...

4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hats are perfect projects! Quickly finished! Good for you. I would love to see a picture of the little wonder :o) If you don't have blog space for a photo...send it to me via email. I would really love to see your handiwork :o)

Kim said...

There's something really satisfying about getting something done, isn't there? A few years ago I went wild knitting cotton dish cloths just because I liked to feel like I finished something.

Hope your lap blanket gets finished!

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@thinking it was Saturday and having a bonus one!!!! And CONGRATULATIONS on finishing hte hat! Feels great doesn't it? LOL@the first twin getting it. I'm thinking of changing my g'mas scarf into a nice one-sided dickie...hehe

Jess

Linda said...

LOL, I love your description of the three stages of a hat. :-) Hey, maybe I can try making one of those. Did you find the pattern online or did it come from a book?