Friday, November 12

True Friends (PG for language)

This has been around forever, but now I think it's even more applicable than ever. In a time of gentleness, to which I aspire, I must admit that I don't often get there, and my true nature is a bit more, erm, well, adolescent? Smart-aleky? At any rate, nothing says, "I love ya!" quite like private haranguing or a wedgie in public.

I got this from my wonderful friend, Claudia, who would definitely do all of these for me. She loves me. And this is for you guys- y'all know who you are. *grin* (But I promise Linkobutfrus that I won't do #8, because she's pregnant and pregnant people are allowed to be clumsy!)

Here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship:

1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

6. When you are confused - I will use little words.

7. When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath...I pledge it till the end. Why? You may ask. Because you are my friend.

7 comments:

Julie D. said...

My kind of humor. :-)

Kim said...

That confirms it for me. My husband and I truly the best of friends, because I can see us actually doing these things to one another!!

My favourite is number 6.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I'm serious...I really did laugh out loud. :o) Now to cut and paste this, to share with my good buddy that I'll be leaving behind in a few months, :sniff, sniff:

Jill in OK

Amy said...

I knew I felt a connection with you...

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!! Stop you're killing me! BTW thanks for cutting me some slack. I'm definitely feeling less than graceful these days. With my pregnancy hormones I could definitely do any of these.

Linkobutfrus

Anonymous said...

Based on this, my husband is my best friend.

#7 is so true. I get to sleep on the couch when I'm sick. Actually it's probably good since I do want him to be able to go to work 'cuz he is the one who makes all the money around here.

Of course, my old boyfriend pantsed me in public. Is that a sign of friendship or what?!? I had my bathing suit on underneath my shorts, but still!

I'd never want a public wedgie. Remind me to "go commando" Joey-style if we ever meet in person, Dy!

be

Anonymous said...

Hi Dy! I can't sleep, so doing some blogging instead. This is hillarious! I don't have a favorite- they are all good- okay, maybe I do- I'm still giggling over #'s 1 - 3. Funny.
LB