Monday, November 15

Thankfulness

Ah, library trek tomorrow. We have got to get our book checkouts back in line. Every two weeks, or every week, but only on a certain day of the week- that, I can do. Right now things are just a hodge-podge of due dates. There are too many due dates for me to keep up without a printer! *ack* (Ours has, erm, "issues". We think we killed it.)

I am thankful for our public libraries, for bookshelves, and that someone took the time to teach me to read. I'm thankful the boys have that door open to them, too.

Thank you all for sharing your comments. Kim, I would love to hear more about Canada! You should do a weekly series on your blog. Maybe call it "Life in Canada, eh?" Or, well, without the dopey title. ;-)

I'm thankful that the internet can be used to foster postive interactions and better understandings of the world around us.

Tonight calls for a good book and a fuzzy blanket. It's cold! We turned on the heat last night. The boys all slept late. Hmmm, will need to remember this one.

Oh, I don't even know where to begin with that one...

Today the boys did their Latin and math at the kitchen table. It drove Jacob to drastic measures, what with all the blocks and crayons way up there out of reach. That child can climb like nobody's business!

I am thankful that my boys are healthy, happy, curious, creative, and thriving.

Reading, writing and running were covered next. Snacks, of course, and then, since it was so beautiful out, we went knocking on doors and let all the children play for a few hours in the afternoon. Wonderful Neighbor, New Very Nice Neighbor and I sat, chatting, watching the children, moving from spot to spot to stay in the sun.

As always, thankful for our Wonderful Neighbors all over this complex.

Been on a soup binge lately. A few nights ago we had a delicious lentil soup. Tonight it was a chicken and vegetable soup (from stock and leftovers of last night's roast chicken). I'd like to throw in a beef stew by the weekend. We'll see.

I'm thankful for nourishing foods, and a place to prepare them. Thankful for the joy of a meal and the ability to tend to my family...

For now, though, I'm off to switch out some wash, kiss the boys one more time, and enjoy the beauty of a crisp fall evening.

Very, very thankful.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soup- tis definately the season for soup! Tonight was a very rich and creamy chicken rice soup filled with parsnips, turnips, freshly dug carrots and the last of the celery from the garden, etc. Fred even made me homemade chicken stock this morning- yummy!
Saturday I made a delicious ham and white bean soup,with a handful of fresh thyme from the herb bed, and even made Fred some bread machine bread to go with it (the rest of us had to be content just to smell it, and eat our rice cakes, lol.)
Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for libraries, and healthy kidlets.
Off to kiss my babies,
LB

Dy said...

Ooo- LB- that sounds really yummy! Have you played w/ rice flour for breads? Can I help find you some recipes? There's just nothing like a good loaf of bread to tear off and use to sop up the ends of a good soup! LMK if I can help!

Emily- {{hugs}} I remember those aches, although, blissfully, only vaguely. Enjoy them and kiss on them- they'll never be this little again. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!
Dy