Thursday, November 18

The day in quotes

James:
So, is tomorrow Special Daddy Day? (ie. "Is Daddy off work tomorrow?)
This room feels like it's filled with magic. (Speaking about the dining room at supper tonight.)
I miss you when you're not near me.


John:
Jacob, you're the best Smidget in the whole world! (I don't know what brought his on, but it was accompanied by a big wet kiss on the head for the baby.)
That's not worms and caterpillars! It's just potatoes and fishsticks. (So much for the "creative, adventurous supper we tried to convince him we were having.)
I'm glad we're a family. Maryland just wouldn't be the same without you. (Talking about family over supper.)



Jacob:
When he hears us say, "Oremus", he reaches out to those sitting on either side of him.
He lets out an excited squeal at "Amen" and claps his hands.
Mama Mama Mama! Ooooo Mama! (when he spied me coming in from the kitchen for supper)




Zorak:
(to the boys) Do you know where potatoes come from?
Do you know where fish comes from?

(to me) Do you know where I'm going with this?

You know you've been married a while when french fries and fishsticks qualify as surf 'n turf.

Another lovely day. We made cinnamon apple muffins using the modified recipe we've put together. They are, by far, the best! Again with the small loaves, and they slice up so nicely. John made peanut butter sandwiches with slices of it today. Zorak even choked one down and gave it a 7 (on a scale of 1-10). Cool.

We had lunch with Zorak at a great little buffet he found. We came home to read stories, make more leaf prints, play outside in the woods. What a great day.

Zorak is helping a co-worker with a math class, so he's been over a few nights the past few weeks. The boys so enjoy visiting with this gentleman. He's raised six children and enjoys remembering "those bygone days" while he visits with the boys. Tonight he brought them a movie, so we let them stay up late (although jammied and ready for bed) to watch a movie, camped out in the living room. They made a "special guest room" (it's a tent under the coffee table) just in case their new friend wanted to have a sleep-over. That was too cute.

Now all are asleep, co-worker just headed out. Zorak and I are going to brew a fresh pot of coffee, watch something frivolous and fun, and look forward to a nice, long weekend with the boys.

What are your weekend plans?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, such handsome faces!!! And what precious quotes!!!Thanks for sharing this, Dy. I've been thinking lately that I need to write down some of our kid-isms. It's bittersweet to realize that I haven't heard certain sayings in a long time.

Weekend plans: declutter, drink coffee, write up loose lesson plans for December, make apple butter with the kids, finish Christmas newsletter, go to the Billy Graham crusade in LA, blog if I have any energy left over. ;-)

Claudia said...

Oh, Dy! The boys are just so darling. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I miss you guys so much! I remember John's hands in the air and his "where did it go? I don't know." WOW! Can't believe how big they are. Give them BIG hugs and kisses from me. Love ya guys.

Kim said...

Oh Dy, what darling little faces! It makes me kind of nostalgic for the days when my boys were younger. My boys are more often than not at each other's throats, not banding together in a brotherly way. My boys are kind of like Oscar Madison and Felix Unger as adolescents.

Tonight I'm going to a Pampered Chef party, which I'm excited about. A night with the girls! Tomorrow, I'm going to go and practice the organ in the early morning (I have to play on sunday) and then I have a monthly GEMS - Godly Encouragement for Mothers - meeting, and then I'm going to come home and BAKE! The kids have been groaning for cookies for weeks.

Donna Boucher said...

How far apart are James and John? They look so close in age! They look very happy and much kissed!

Donna

L said...

Awwwww! So cute!

My weekend plans are:

1) to attack this giant pile of clothes, clean at least, but unfolded, that sits behind me, mocking me

2) to find that darned postcard I mentioned, our original has mysteriously vanished, (could have something to do with the huge stacks of memorabilia from the last box we finally got around to unpacking that are being sorted over every available flat surface) and get that little goody bag out in the mail!

Have a super weekend!

Dy said...

Wow! You guys are busy this weekend!
Kim Mmm, Pampered Chef! I can't stand their recipe books (too many pre-packaged things), but I *love* my garlic press... and chopper thing... and pizza stone. Mmmm. Did you get anything at the party?

Claudia We miss you, too! Terribly! Any chance you can get to AZ sometime in Dec? *hint, hint*

Linda COFFEE!! Heee Heee!

Donna The boys are 21 months apart, to the exact day. A smidge closer than we'd thought, but we just have to think of having a baby to get pg. We watched "Cheaper By The Dozen" last night... I sure hope that didn't trigger anything!

L LOL- it will always mock us. That's what it does! Mine is whispering to me through the air vents right now... "come uuupppppp, we're waaaiiiittttiiinngg" ARGH! (I'm successfully ignoring it to answer blog comments.)

Thanks for the sweet words, guys. We think they're cute, but that's our job. :-)

OK, off to actually do some writing while the boys are gone! But first, coffee.

Dy