Friday, November 5

POP QUIZ!

Enough with the larvae!!! Can I just cry Uncle now?

So, last month (on the 6th, to be precise- thankfully we've learned to date our experiments) we did a project on water solubility. We used a nifty fishing tackle style box made of clear plastic, which is ideal for these type of control experiments: several sectioned containers to keep each sample separate, can view the results without actually opening anything, and if it gets dropped it doesn't shatter or spew! Wee. Experiment was fun, fascinating, and we all learned a lot.

Well, it seems that if you're the scatterbrained mommy I am, the learning never stops. So, it's pop quiz time!

Of the following items, which do you think would be most likely to spawn some kind of insect if left unattended, in water, for, oh a month or so:
A) Xanthan Gum
B) Parmesan cheese
C) Rice
D) Flour
E) Rainbow sprinkles
F) Veggie Stix

Now, for bonus points,
which of the following actions do you think Mama took upon finding this experiment this evening:
A) Found the trash can- and quick!
B) Bleached everything within a ten foot radius, even though the container was sealed
C) Plucked one unfortunate creature out for the kids to examine and draw
D) Asked Zorak to do HAZMAT duty
E) A and D
F) B and C

Check tomorrow for the answers!

James found a climbing vine today in the woods. He picked some and brought it to me. Once I made sure nobody was itchy or breaking out in a rash, I let them put it in water and we'll see if it takes root. (I know, some people just never seem to learn...)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Linda said...

Dy~ One month? Oh, you're brave! We did the water solubility experiment for *three* days. That's all I could stomach. I like the tackle box idea, will have to remember that one!

Dy said...

No, it wasn't intentional. It got buried under the mail on the kitchen counter! There's one corner that is a catch-all for all manner of things (obviously, lol!) We forgot about it and I unearthed it today while tossing the stuff in that corner.

Had I known....

Donna Boucher said...

I will guess (F) and (F)

You are a good, mommy, Science teacher!!!

Donna

Linda said...

My guess: C & B.